Need a second car!!

Andy

I've decided I need to get myself a second car as my Z is taking a hammering with the amount of miles I am doing (now well over 20k since I have had it, which has been about 10 months!!)

I have been debating over whether to get a real POS for a couple of hundred quid or something a bit more expensive but with that, a bit more reliabality, newer etc.

Basically I am after some ideas of what to get, anything you have driven before and recommend, anything you drive yourself?? I could do with a bit of boot space for dump runs etc, must have air-con for the summer, preferably diesel and something that isn't going to drag its arse on the motorways!!! Probably looking up to about a maximum of £4k for the right car.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!! :thumbs:

Hey there matey, i got two cars, just got to have it with the 350Z,

I got my 350Z GT, and also a MG ZR 105+, its only a 1.4, good on petrol, good on motorways, and all round i think good car, i have had my mg zr for two years, only probs i have had is new starter motor, and a new lamda sensor, thats it. Makes my 350Z special and when it comes to the weekend or a friday and i take it to work you enjoy it so much more.

Being only 20 as well, im loving two cars, makes the 350Z so much more special, and as i say, you can have your loyal girlfriend, aas in my case my MG ZR, and the slag for the weekends, the 350Z

Loving every second of my 350Z, had it 5 weeks now, :yahoo:

Common problem with the k series engine i know, but i service mine every 9 months, and liek i said its been a great car to me, cheap on insurance and petrol !, perfect !
Nothing to do with servicing unfortunatly, it can go at any stage if you are not careful. Just need to warm the car up properly, make sure you check oi and engine coolant every 2 weeks or so and she will be fine. I had an MGZR before the zed and i loved it, so nice to drive, apart from the rattles and panels falling off, but good performance :thumbs:

Yeah its a good car, and ya can pick them up really cheap now, the k-series engine head gasket problem is a common problem, just have to be wary of this, and the rattles and that are all part of ownign a mg zr, i personally think a good all round car, views may differ.

Think i've found a metallic green, 115bhp Mk4 Golf Gttdi for £3k in mint condition!! Could be bargain of the century and will allow me to put the Z into the ship to get the rest of my toys sorted out!! :teeth:

Think i've found a metallic green, 115bhp Mk4 Golf Gttdi for £3k in mint condition!! Could be bargain of the century and will allow me to put the Z into the ship to get the rest of my toys sorted out!! :teeth:

So i was on the money with a golf then B)

the 1.4 and 1.8 rover engine are s**t......... :thumbdown:

its even been on watchdog.......!! :scare:

Thing is, its not a @*!# engine at all, its a great engine, its just the head gasket that lets it down if you dont look after it properly.

Best thing with K-series, is to replace the head G with a landrover one and that will sort it :thumbs:

So i was on the money with a golf then B)

Spot on mate!! Good shout!! :thumbs:

Head gasket failure on the K series is no big deal. Every garage in the world is used to doing them because it's so common, most charge about £150 - £200 all in, so nothing to lose any sleep over and they are cheap as chips. You can get into a relatively new car for £4000 if you go with one of these.