Ban on car parking cameras and 'spy cars' considered in England

Adrian@TORQEN

I hope they do i got done in morrisons for being a minute and a half over the two hours didn't even know till i got it through the post, stupid hawk eye cameras

the general rule of thumb up across border is "dont pay them". They will send you various threads including court action etc etc.....but if you ignore them they will go away.

Only "official" parking fines is from the goverment / plod.

I hope they do i got done in morrisons for being a minute and a half over the two hours didn't even know till i got it through the post, stupid hawk eye cameras

You don't have to pay fines for parking in supermarket car park, Tesco tried to relieve me of £60, until I wrote to their parking bandits

and explained to them that they legally had no authority to fine me. Never heard another word.from them.

There are standard letter templates on line to send... :thumbs:

2 stories...

1. PRIVATE FIRMS - Went on holiday to Wales about 4 years ago & thought I'd go & watch Cardiff City play. Parked on a bit of 'waste ground/roadside verge' and returned to a parking ticket. A lady passing by told me to ignore it. "We always do - Eventually they just go away.", was her advice. So I got lots of increasingly threatening letters and just ignored them all, including the one that said court action was being taken within 7 days. And do you know what?... They just went away! lol

2. LOCAL AUTHORITIES - Parked my campervan on the street near to the British Museum, on a Sunday last year, on a single yellow line. Had a lovely few hours at the museum. 2 weeks later, got 2 fines for the same 'offence' (I'd been there more than 4 hours, so it was 2 offences). I'd been spotted by some bloke operating a CCTV camera (you can tell it's CCTV because of the high-up angle of the photo they provide). Apparently there were also yellow stripes on the kerb, making it a 'loading bay', so parking restrictions were still in force even on a Sunday! Bummer - I'd even checked the Camden parking regs online before I set off and it said you could park on yellow lines on a Sunday. Grrrr! Beware of yellow chevrons on the kerb. I was in a line of about 10 other vehicles they must have fined too!!

However, I successfully argued it was only one offence and 'got away with' only £60.

Having said all that, I can't see any problem with Councils using CCTV to impose parking fines. If you're parked illegally, you're parked illegally, so it doesn't matter how they nobble you - you're nobbled. Keeps the Council Tax down a bit, I suppose.

Amazing, thanks guys i feel a templated letter heading their way lol the way they put it to you though does make you feel like you have no choice and are stuck

There's a whole forum on parking in supermarket car parks and getting parking fines, just ask Mr Google to help you, :thumbs:

Amazing, thanks guys i feel a templated letter heading their way lol the way they put it to you though does make you feel like you have no choice and are stuck

There's a whole forum on parking in supermarket car parks and getting parking fines, just ask Mr Google to help you, :thumbs:

Here a link to a Template Letter there are many more on the net... :thumbs:

http://notomob.co.uk/discussions/index.php?topic=2502.0

Erm, in Scotland it's a bit different. We've done it, albeit a hospital car park, absolutely no authority to impose fines. They sent us a letter when it became clear we were not paying, to the effect that they were taking a petted lip and were really angry with us, f$ck off was the reply.

Edited by The G Man