Couple of niggles - coolant tank, electrical and just dumb.....

nixy

Hi guys

Firstly, I popped the bonnet yesterday and noticed that the cap on the plastic cooler tank is missing. My coolant was also really low, under minimum. I've been out and bought some coolant today but are there any consequences to driving without a cap on the plastic reservoir? And is it easy to get a new plastic lid?

Secondly - a few weeks ago my car just randomly went into what I think is 'limp mode'. I was pulling out of a junction and thought I had just stalled but that wasn't the case. The car literally would not go above about 10mph and the slip light, engine light, traction VDC light etc were all on. I stopped, switched off, switched on and it was fine. Then it did it again today but WHILE I was driving, luckily I was going quite slow having just come off a busy roundabout but could this happen while I'm doing high speed?? It has been suggested I try the ECU reset but I'm a bit of a scaredy cat!

Now for the dumb.......I tried to get rid of some exterior oxydisation on my headlight using the finest wire wool you can buy and have totally f'd it up! I spent ages yesterday cursing myself, kicking myself and generally worrying about it and then after a bit of a google found that actually you can actually sandpaper your headlights as long as you get a rotary polisher on them afterwards so I've got a call into a detailer and hopefully all will end well!

Finally - I had my windscreen replaced after a stone hit it and cracked it. When at very high speed it whistles! Would you get them back out to do it again?

Should have bought Meg's metal polish and give them a wipe, the cloudiness just vanishes. It's been discussed on here hundreds of times.

I take it the insurance company paid for the windscreen? Phone them and get them to get it sorted. :thumbs:

Should have bought Meg's metal polish and give them a wipe, the cloudiness just vanishes. It's been discussed on here hundreds of times.

Yeah i've used that before but it just keeps coming back - I definitely do however deserve dumb woman status for that!

Yeah i've used that before but it just keeps coming back - I definitely do however deserve dumb woman status for that!

Did you wax over the lights after polishing with Meg's?