AEM long ram or Injen long ram?

Arran

Thinking of getting one of these to finish everything off once the last few bits are fitted. I know the stock setup with an 06 stack and panel filter is meant to be the best which is what I have, but im looking for a little more snarl from the intake side and these two kits come to mind as I want a proper cold air kit and be hopeful that it actually makes some extra power albeit a few horses. Reason I picked these two is they are to big companies that have been doing intakes for a long time and should have done a fair amount of r and d so something good apart from noise must come from their products. Im leaning more towards the injen at the moment as its a bumper mount one as opposed to aems wheel arch one

anyone have any experience with either of these? It will be getting mapped anyway for the manifolds that's why im thinking of getting one

cheers

arran

I can say that without a remap, by mpg has gone from 21 to 16. Only mod I have done. However I also leant how to drive my car properly in wales, so who knows?

I think a drop of 5 is 95% down to your newly acquired lead foot :p

I can say that without a remap, by mpg has gone from 21 to 16. Only mod I have done. However I also leant how to drive my car properly in wales, so who knows?

That MPG is crap Dip. Must be costing you a fortune.

I am getting 23 mpg with a sticking wastgate.

And I think mine is bad.

I have the Short Ram Injen, decent bit of kit and make a lovely noise.

Louder than my scorpion with decats past 5k too which is nice when you boot it :D

On the Dyno Jez said it ran 10 degress hotter than stock but that was when I didn't have a heat shield.