New 350Z

noxaeternus

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and a 350Z. I have just bought a 2006 Coupe with 36k miles on the clock. Full service history and faultless looking inside and out. I have obviously read a lot about the car on this and other forums and surely enough have got some problems.

- I have the clicking sound. Which the dealer said they will fix. I suggested a repair rather than just a greasing job. Not sure what I will end up with.

- Got a squealing sound (loud) most of the time when driving into right hand corners and when going straight. Doesn't happen in left corners. Again they said they will fix and said it's probably nothing serious.

- The one that worries me the most is a clutch smell. I was driving it relatively gently yesterday, took my son out in it. Was in 4th, 3-4k RPM, switched down to 3rd to speed up and the clutch got stuck halfway in and I couldn't do a thing. It came back very quickly but there was a terrible smell. This hasn't happened again but I can still smell the clutch every now and then. Smelled it this morning on a hill start. The dealer said they will look into this but I am worried that this is something serious ? I read about this kind of problem on other posts but just want to make sure that it is fixed permanently. Basically don't want it patched and then I need a new clutch in a few months time.

Sorry to go on, but my last question is, I read about people mechanical over-revving their car (by dodgy gear shifts !!). Some posters have said that you could damage the engine this way and not immediately notice. I hate to sound paranoid but what if someone did that to my car before I bought it ? Don't want to have to deal with that in a few months ? Is there a way one can check ?

Thanks for reading and please go easy on me. Not exactly an expert here.

Sounds like a clutch on its way out...

As for over reving....surely thats what the rev limiter is for....to prevent this? If you mean over reving when changing down...you'd have to be really hamfisted to do so.

Don't reckon there is any way to check.....although general condition (and clutch) might give you some idea.

Good luck bro, make sure the garage do fixes rather than short term repairs.

Oh and as Whackwill has reminded me below - welcome.

Edited by aidan