ROTALLA TYRES

djb55

When I bought my Zed a couple of months back I noticed that the rear tyres were a budget tyre (ROTALLA) and thought I'll have some fun with them before I replace them, oh my god if you are ever ever tempted DONNNNNT, NEEEEEVER, they are horendous, slightest bit of damp and they let go at every opportunity they are scary I kid you not. I would not even fit them to a pram !!!!

Anyway I have been offered 2 Uniroyal; Rainsport 245/45/18 at a very good price and wondered if anyone else had used these, if they are crap Im going for Falken 453's.

(Im running Avons on the front)

Thanks

Dave

Edited by djb55

You'd find the car far more progressive if it had Rotalla's all round, as at least all four corners would have the same (lack of) grip. ;)

Match the fronts, whatever Avons they are. Else you'll find yourself with a car that's unbalanced still.

It was the same with my car when I bought it, it had Rotallas all round.. Maybe it was a bit more balanced than yours, but still, they were pretty bad.. On incline in wet with esp off they would just spin and the car hardly moved at all, lol. After it spun me 360° once, I decided its time for a new set.

I would also advise you go with the same on the rear as in front. If not, at least in theory, the car will either under or oversteer..

You'd find the car far more progressive if it had Rotalla's all round, as at least all four corners would have the same (lack of) grip. ;)

Match the fronts, whatever Avons they are. Else you'll find yourself with a car that's unbalanced still.

Would you rather have 4 rotallas or as I found out infintys which are crap too or 2 mpps on the front and 2 f1a2 at the back?