Sitting . . . is for wimps

DoogyRev

So, a little background. When I was in the UK I worked as an IT Software installation engineer so spent 90% of my time at customer sites, since moving to Vancouver, I do the same thing :yahoo: . . . but remotely :teeth:

When I got this job I purchased a big desk and a comfy chair :D . . . but after a year I am fed up of sitting down all day. So I have nearly finished building my custom Standing Desk B)

Does anyone else have a standing desk? if so what do you think of them?

I will post some pics when it finished and my office is less messy (having a bit of a change round) :lol:

There's loads of these where I am currently working, great to use when I fancy getting off my arse and giving my lower back a rest from my bad posture. All desk workers should be allowed them by law. Just make sure all your cables are not fouled on anything. No one likes to see a 27" monitor tumbling off their desk in that slow motion way that expensive things fall!

Edited by SuperStu

I don't have a standing desk but I do walk around the office a little when on conference calls obviously with a wireless headset but I have thought it could be a good idea.

I spend about 80% of my time talking about work and what needs to be done so very little what I would call real work.