Picked it up today!!

Ross Mac

Just got back from Glasgow a few mins ago in my first Z - what an awesome car!! :teeth::teeth:

Super fast yet a refined cruiser - its excellent cant wait to take it for a proper drive!!

I do have a question though - after pulling up at a roundabout I am embarassed to say I stalled when pulling away :blush:

I then went to restart the engine and nothing happened - all the while traffic was piling up behind me.

I turned the key all the way back, and then went to start it again and got the lights on the dash and in the cluster but nothing else. I did this twice before pulling it out and trying again this time it fired up and I got away.

Is there a 'special' technique to follow if this happens again. Ill try not to stall again obviously but now my girlfriend is terrified in case it happens to her when she starts driving it.

Any tips?

Just got back from Glasgow a few mins ago in my first Z - what an awesome car!! :teeth::teeth:

Super fast yet a refined cruiser - its excellent cant wait to take it for a proper drive!!

I do have a question though - after pulling up at a roundabout I am embarassed to say I stalled when pulling away :blush:

I then went to restart the engine and nothing happened - all the while traffic was piling up behind me.

I turned the key all the way back, and then went to start it again and got the lights on the dash and in the cluster but nothing else. I did this twice before pulling it out and trying again this time it fired up and I got away.

Is there a 'special' technique to follow if this happens again. Ill try not to stall again obviously but now my girlfriend is terrified in case it happens to her when she starts driving it.

Any tips?

Did you remember to depress the clutch pedal.

If Im perfectly honest I cant remember what I did - is that what to do?

If you stall - turn the key to off - depress clutch - fully turn key?

Its just so I can tell the g/f as she is now saying she wont drive it but I need her for lifts to the pub and stuff!!

I'll post some pics up tomorrow after Ive given it a good wash cos its covered in bugs from the run down. :thumbs:

PS - Anyone know anywhere who does the tailored floor mats apart from dealers? Need some asap as the ones in it are pants!!

the car wont start unless you press the clutch pedal down , whether you've stalled it or whatever :thumbs:

Really? I always depress the clutch just by force of habit in case anyone's left a car in gear but that's the first I've heard of a car not starting. So you can't turn the ignition on without getting in the car then - for example on a cold morning to warm it up first? Wierd! However, glad I know that now!

the car wont start unless you press the clutch pedal down , whether you've stalled it or whatever :thumbs:

Really? I always depress the clutch just by force of habit in case anyone's left a car in gear but that's the first I've heard of a car not starting. So you can't turn the ignition on without getting in the car then - for example on a cold morning to warm it up first? Wierd! However, glad I know that now!

Yep thats correct :) To be fair I have heard of thieves nicking the car keys from a house and then not being able to start the zed as they didn't know that you have to depress the clutch when starting it :blush:

Yep thats correct :) To be fair I have heard of thieves nicking the car keys from a house and then not being able to start the zed as they didn't know that you have to depress the clutch when starting it :blush:

they do now !!! :teeth:

I am so glad for this post then because that's something that would totally do your head in if you didn't know about it! I've never heard of that before on any other car other than an automatic!