The Little Italian Monkey

Guest prescience

Guest prescience

Had a monkey (£500) on the Little Italian Monkey (Frankie) in The Derby. Even money, so £500 back PLUS another £500 since it was 5 lengths victory (thank you William Hill) :teeth::teeth:

First bet I've had for 20 years - easy way to win a Grand or what

:yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Guest prescience
but you haven't won a grand, only £500, right? :wacko: (shows how much I care about betting :blush: )

No, £1000 won (plus my stake equals £1500) :teeth: - courtesy of a match bonus from William Hill :thumbs:

Don't know much about it myself - just one of those lucky breaks I guess

Guest prescience

Just a quick addendum to this, having set up the account and placed the bet within 15 minutes on Saturday (1 hour before the race); I have subsequently failed to get at my winnings having been greeted by William Hill thoughtfully stating

To protect ourselves and legitimate card and bank account holders from online fraud we suspend the withdrawal facility on new accounts for up to 3 working days. This gives us the opportunity to ensure that the card and bank accounts are being used only by the registered account holder.

Funny how they could take my money inside a quarter of an hour and yet hang onto what they owed me for 81 hours and counting :rant::angry:

Guest prescience

:dry:

I imagine they are hoping that I will relent and gamble away some of my winnings (and stake) to their benefit - but they are living with false hope indeed, for the only thing they will get off me is a series of ever more abusive e-mails ;):angry: