Chesterfield needs to vent!

Im looking forward to a good day at Silverstone on Sunday as Im ready from a break!

1. Altea with Seat for a week now and they still havent found the fault. Had an update that they have now narrowed it down to two circuits causing the batery drain.

Which would be great if thats the problem I took it in for. The issue was it blew several circuits. Which strangely enough included the sensors for the doors that activate the interior lights - perhaps thats the battery drain.. "oh, err, we'll get back to you sir..." :dry:

2. Brake pads that I want for driving round europe UPS have managed to deliver, but certainly not to me, and to somone with a surname that doesnt match anyone in our building.. :dry:

3. High vis jackets needed for europe trip, bought from ebay over a week ago - not delivered, no response from seller - only a couple of quid, but not really the point.

4. Memory cards for new camera, 6GB worth in total. Ordered seveal days ago, 3-5 day delivery so should be here for Sundays show in order for me to take LOTS of pics and get some good shots for us. Email yesterday states despatched only yesterday - 3-5 days means not here for Sunday - so limited to 1GB card for the day.

Fed up - annoyed and generally in a bad mood.

On the plus side, it is the weekend. Though that means Ive 5 working days left to sort out all the stuff I need to do in the office before my break. :scare:

Go and buy a memory card from Argos, use it, download and then take advantage of their lovely money back guarantee when you 'got the worng one'! ;)

That's cunning, even more cunning than a fox that's just been made professor of cunningness at Oxford University.

Update...

Brake pads turned up - UPS had deliverd them to the wrong address. And here is the funny bit....

They couldnt deliver them to the bakers, or the leisure centre... oh no....

The place they delivered them too was a motor factors 400 yards away - who just happen to stock ebc pads, thousands of them. And they had an ebc delivery that day.

Half hour stock check later, they find they have an extra set and hand mine over.

Not so happy ending on the Altea. Its having its dashboard removed to find/fix the fault. :headhurt:

Ive expressed my dissatisfaction with this and have advised that although they should continue with the work, I will be writing to head office demanding a replacement vehicle. Any other product on the face of the planet would be exchanged should it develop a fault of this nature. Not ripped apart.

Sale of goods act and smal print examination here we come.

I also have the distinct advantage that some good friends also ordered an Altea which arrived with faulty ECU. They couldnt fix within a week so ordered a replacement vehicle, so setting a precedence.

I feel a :boxing: coming on.

I dont think they will replace the seat mate, i have a friend who is undergoing the same thing with his Astra VXR, it basically blew the engine 2000 miles into owning it and they refused to replace the vehicle. They have just fixed it and given him 5 years extended warranty and free servicing.

They havent come across me before.

We ordered a couple of FR's, and will be looking for more company vehicles in the very near future. Seat have a choice if they wish to retain any possibility of me buying any more fleet vehicles from them, ever.

Im currently giving myself 50/50 on having this replaced.

Failing that, any squeak, rattle, knock, missaligned panel or tiny issue what so ever and its going back in. I have plenty of time to make myself a royal pain in the arse for its entire 3 year warranty.

They havent come across me before.

We ordered a couple of FR's, and will be looking for more company vehicles in the very near future. Seat have a choice if they wish to retain any possibility of me buying any more fleet vehicles from them, ever.

Im currently giving myself 50/50 on having this replaced.

Failing that, any squeak, rattle, knock, missaligned panel or tiny issue what so ever and its going back in. I have plenty of time to make myself a royal pain in the arse for its entire 3 year warranty.

YEAH!!! Go get them dude.

:yahoo:

chris, if you need some 2gig SD cards quick i can let you borrow 2 of mine if you wanna meet up 2moro (if it's not too late) they haven't been used.

let me, cheers lyndon :)

Actually things are looking up - 2 out of the three memory cards turned up - although they were all despatched same day - and fortunately its the two "better" ones. 2GB extreme III.

Just got to sort a tripod tomorrow morning - but if someone wants to stick one of those in the car it may help as I may have a little too much on to tomorrow to find time, that would be much appreciated.