Drive Shaft Lengths

bizz

Hi Guys,

I was just doing some work with the diff of my Z and tried to fit the Nismo diff off my Skyline into the casing. (check my build thread out if you're wondering why I would bother to do so lol)

Anyways it turns out that's not going to work.

Does anyone on here know the lengths of the drives shafts off their 350??? I can measure the GTR shafts I have to see if they are the same

Thanks in advance guys

Bizz

Arr sorry getting caught up in the American English and English English lol

US Drive shaft = UK Prop shaft :-P

US Axles = UK drive shafts. I've only just found this out too.

I'm still looking :( thanks man

Bizz,

Is it the complete drive shaft lengths including the inner flange and outers CV joints that you require, or is it just the drive shaft lengths?

Or is it the diff pumpkin side stubby shafts that you are referring to. ?

Let me know and I will send over the dimensions.

Alex. :)

Hmmm the Offside one might be short by 15-20mm so will have to see if they'll fit when the car comes back.

Thanks for your help alex.

Does anyone know where I can get uprated 350z driveshafts? heard that the standard ones are pretty weak

Hmmm the Offside one might be short by 15-20mm so will have to see if they'll fit when the car comes back.

Thanks for your help alex.

Does anyone know where I can get uprated 350z driveshafts? heard that the standard ones are pretty weak

Not too sure mate, with the abuse you're going to be giving it u may have to get custom ones.

Alex runs over 600hp @hubs on his 350 with no issues on standards i'm sure.

I have over 450 WHP - standard drive shafts - no issues (yet)

Tony420 is somewhere over 800 WHP and as far as I know he is still on an OE gearbox and stock drive shafts.

Hope you get it sorted either way :):thumbs:

I have over 450 WHP - standard drive shafts - no issues (yet)

Tony420 is somewhere over 800 WHP and as far as I know he is still on an OE gearbox and stock drive shafts.

Hope you get it sorted either way :):thumbs:

That's pretty impressive :) what kind of stuff are you guys doing with your cars? track, drag, etc., etc.?

Mine is really track use, fully road legal but not "easy to drive" in traffic - she does go to meets and the odd Sunday cruise - but she is most at home on the track (when I get time)

Tony's was road legal but he had problems getting his NOS setup and mapped - not been around for a while, last time I spoke to him he was re doing the NOS kit and said he was looking for a tuner.

Got a project planned for the wife's 350 roadster as well - but all on hold while we do the house :yawn:

Looking forwards to seeing yours done :thumbs:

Ok cool man, thanks for the advice :)

Just getting an idea what you guys out your shafts through.

haha I hope you don't have to spend too long on your house dude, Just do some painting and then go out and get a start on the car :-P

I run nos @100hp but don't really use it on track as its not operating as it should. It won't pick up a signal for the rpm so thinking about changing from haltech ecu to the syvecs s6 or 8 so it can do away with the nos controller

• 1 month later...
Hey man :-) the shafts are slightly different lengths but I am working on something that might be of use to you dude so keep in touch :-D

Are you competing next year?

I wish! I'll be doing the small comps I've been doing this year and hopefully the ODC if it comes down this way again. Other than that I can't even think about doing comps until I have the car upto specs :( hopefully it will be rollcaged next year, I'm hoping to buy the cage one month, then have it fitted the next lol.