almost 4 weeks in.........

maddog1982

Had my Z for almost four weeks and due to this forum I have done the following:

3 stage machine polish and then wax. All the interior has been done also

Removed the massive aerial and replaced it with a Honda one.

Changed out the air filter as it looked black, replaced with a performance cosworth unit.

Replaced all three wipers for the more modern looking Bosch Aero units.

Rear tyres were Vredsteins and seemed a little low, tried to purchase two of these for the rear but they are no longer made so I went with Michelin Pilot Super Sports, this hurt the wallet!

While it was in for tyres I got my mechanic to send all four wheels to Prestige Wheels in Stockport to be refurbished. They have been acid bathed and powder coated, they really look amazing now!

I also got him to remove the rear CV joints as I could here a click every now and then when moving off from a standstill, he stripped them down and regressed everything using marine grease and its completely silent now.

Its booked in for a full alignment check on Sat.

So heres the pictures!

Day I bought it, paint flat:

IMG_2509.jpg

After a polish:

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2717.jpg

IMG_2573.jpg

IMG_2572.jpg

IMG_2570.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

new boots

IMG_2537.jpg

and result of the wheel refurbishment:

IMG_2681.jpg

• Like 1

B) It's the forum's fault you have carried out all this!!? I think not, there is only one thing to blame, you clearly have 1st stage Zeditis :wacko::surrender:

Certainly Is, im innocent here! One a slightly different topic I sold those tyres so I am going to fire some money in to the forum pot as promised.

Look at you all sorted and kitted out! haha Nice one, lookin' good B)

Thanks pal, its getting there, I must stop spending money on her!

• Like 1

B) It's the forum's fault you have carried out all this!!? I think not, there is only one thing to blame, you clearly have 1st stage Zeditis :wacko::surrender:

Certainly Is, im innocent here! One a slightly different topic I sold those tyres so I am going to fire some money in to the forum pot as promised.

Thanks Matt, it is much appreciated and I have let Admin know :)

Thanks Matt, it is much appreciated and I have let Admin know :)

Thanks pal, much appreciated. If I have stage 1, just how serious is stage 2?

Just stage 1 at the moment mate, those are required modifactions you had to do there. Stage 2 is when your car is booked in to the paint shop for something it doesn't need :teeth: (well it does to you but not to the misses)

Oh christ, I have already been the paint shop asking for a quote to repaint the front bumper due to stone chips!!

Just stage 1 at the moment mate, those are required modifactions you had to do there. Stage 2 is when your car is booked in to the paint shop for something it doesn't need :teeth: (well it does to you but not to the misses)

Oh christ, I have already been the paint shop asking for a quote to repaint the front bumper due to stone chips!!

Stage 3 is when it's booked in for the 3rd time in as many years to get the same bumper respray and alloy refurb done. :scare:

Looking good! I know how you feel, after owning mine a week I took it on track and found out first hand how bad the stock brakes were. So within the month I ordered 4 new tyres (pilot super sports) yellowstuff pads front and rear, rbf600 fluid - then found front discs were unevenly worn, so replaced those to. Bought replacement K&N panel filters for no particular reason :lol: and have bought numerous new cleaning products. My exhaust is blowing a bit so now toying with the idea of a nice Amuse system :)