Another one for ekona

Will370z

The best sports car of a generation, bar none.

For it to beat a 12c on track, even with the McLaren on road tyres, is incredible. From what I can see from the vid, the GT3 has a much improved upshift on the PDK as well over the regular 991s, which I've always found ponderous on occasion. The worst part for me is that I'll probably never drive one, as no OPCs are getting a demo car and even my talents in the way of blag probably won't get me a drive in one at Silverstone PEC. Still, I'm just grateful that it exists.

And dear god that noise over 7k rpm! :D

Its a 911, the most boring looking sports car in the world. For all the tech that keeps it on the road, still looks as dull as the other 30 odd 911's I see every day :dry:

This. You see so many Porshce's on the road and I can never tell the difference between a bog standard and something special. I know its part of Porsche's history but I wish they would change the design.

911s are timeless. You can argue the with an Aston Martin they all look the same but it's not a bad thing. You see 30 of them on the way to work for a good reason.

I wonder how long they can keep going with the rear engine rear wheel drive. I always thought really the cayman has a better fundamental setup. Plus 986's/987's with 3.6-3.8 really really shift.

Spent a few hundred miles in my mate's 997 MkI GT3 on an alpine road trip and it is a rocket ship for sure (great brakes too). The way it pulls in 6th gear is just scary. However, living with one would be a different proposition IMHO. The droney exhaust is loud but not exactly tuneful, then you've got the cabin boom to contend with, and that ridiculous front lip, which catches everything.

It's a thrilling car for sure, but I reckon you'd be able to find others which are just as technically capable and more of an event to drive for the £45k he paid for it.

The 991 GT3 is just crazy expensive. I think porsche (and others) feel the need to tack an extra £30-50k to the price just so that it doesn't "appear" to be too far behind the current gen ferraris with their telephone number prices. They're competing against yachts and light aircraft in that price category...