Skunk plenum spacer fitting kit

scobie140

Managed to get hold of a skunk2 plenum spacer, however it came with basically no fitting kit. 2 knackered rubber spacers and a few odds and sods bolts. Thought this would be no problem I thought, just get in touch with skunk and purchase a new fitting kit, But no! Their customer service is crap! sent stacks of emails to them asking about buying a kit from them or if they can give me details of the suppliers of the kits(mainly rubber spacers I need) and even asked for a parts list so I could try to source the bit myself but only got a no we don't sell the fitting kit and never ever got a reply when asking about suppliers, part number or parts list. Anyway rant over. Can anyone point me in the direction of a fitting kit for these? even just the rubber spacers and a list of what bolts is needed as I can source the bolts from work no problem. worst case would be if anyone had a techy drawing of the rubber spacers then I could get new ones machined from metal or plastic and modified so they seal top and bottom. A bit of a long shot but any helps appreciated

PM Wasso, he makes his own kits and sells to members. He actually sells the whole kit, spacer and all and it would have been better than the skunk one, but maybe he has a few spare plastic spacer laying around that you could get. Failing that, I'm sure he will be happy to give you the parts list.

I think the central plenum bolts you need are 4x M6x75mm, 3x M6x65 and then about 10-12x M6x35mm.

Never thought about that! I was going to go for a wasso one but got this at a much better price and thought getting a kit would be simples. The skunk kit is thicker, 5/8 if i remember correctly so would need bigger spacers and longer bolts but wouldn't take much to calculate the difference in sizes. I'll drop him a PM later

Okay I think you're going to struggle to be fair. The bolts won't be too much of an issue as you can get these per the size you require. The only problem bolt will be the strut bar. This needs to be a fine pitch 1.25 - which unless you have them available to you, you'll need them to be made, as I had a complete nightmare trying to get hold of them in the UK and had to source them from Germany.

The strut spacers again, shouldn't be an issue as this can be made custom from some aluminum. Next you have the Nylon spacers in the centre of the plenum. These are custom made for me, of which aren't cheap, especially with the small volumes that I do.

Me personally for the hassle of trying to get this to work, I'd throw it away if it didn't come with the necessary parts. Your main serious problem is the Nylon spacers.

^^ Sad times,

Think your better off cutting your losses and buying a Wasso or Motordyne Spacer.

The Skunk 2/BLOX type Spacers aren't the best tbh. I have one Motordyne left in current stock £175

:thumbs: :thumbs:

Or anodised at £170 delivered from Mr Wasso :p

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/71728-fsbatch2-custom-anodised-plenum-spacers-170/

• Like 1

cheers for the response guys. the bolts and washers aren't an issue to get hold of just need to know what ones and how long really, can get these from work pretty easy. its the nylon spacers which has been the ballache for me. I can get them made no problem at work if they don't have to be rubber. I just don't have drawing for sizes or if there should be any spigots for o-ring etc. If you don't mind wasso could you tell me or PM if you don't want it public the dimensions etc of your nylon spacers. then I can just add the difference of your custom spacer and the skunk one to the length. In hind sight I should have just bought one of yours but thought I could save a few quid and just get a fitting kit from skunk, should have known that nothings ever that easy

Do watch out on the fine pitch strut bolts ;)

Yes the spacer is the same as the nylon turned spacers.

I would post to photobucket bits playing up big time lately.

Dimensions ill not be able to give until a couple of weeks as I'm on holiday tomorrow. Got a heap on tonight packaging goods for sale and packing my case :lol:

So when I get back ill sort you some measurements.

Yeh the fine pitch caught me out when I first got the car and was servicing it, damaged a few threads on the strut bar bolt but luckily one of the turners at work had a thread file the right pitch so tidied up nicely, I'm in no rush so will wait till you get back and double check my sizes before I hassle a turner to make these up, measure twice cut once.... no wait it was do it nice or do it twice haha. Have a good holiday :thumbs: