NOW PICS My trip to Daytona USA Z week- 56k Warning

rickya

Agenda | Registration | Mad Mike's Convention Kickoff | Day 1 (Mon) | Day 2 (Tues) | Day 3 (Wed) | Day 4 (Thurs) | Day 5 (Fri) | Optional Hot Laps at Sebring (Sat)

Convention Agenda ( New )

Sunday, September 30

Pre-registration

Mad Mike’s Pre-Convention Reception

Monday, October 1

Registration Open

Vendor Set Up at Daytona International Speedway (DIS)

Photo Shoot at the Oval

Parade Laps at DIS

Detailing Day at Daytona International Speedway

Opening Reception at Daytona Beach Hilton

Texas Chili Party, Flip-Flops on the Beach Style

Tuesday, October 2

Registration Open

Car Show at Daytona International Speedway (DIS)

Free Evening

Wednesday, October 3

Registration Open

Skip Barber Course; Track School and Lapping (DIS)

Autocross at Daytona International Speedway

Daytona Z-Week Street Party Social

Thursday, October 4

Registration Open

Autocross at Deland Airport

Area Attraction Tours

Beach Cruise

Party at Bruce Rossmeyers Harley Davidson

Friday, October 5

Registration Open

Schedule beach events

Z Road Rally

Area Attraction Tours

Closing Banquet & Awards

Optional Event

Hot Lapping at Sebring on the famous 3.7 mile long coarse

Daytona International Speedway! Doesn't that say it all?! You couldn't ask for a more awe inspiring location for the car show, AutoX, track day and more! And the best part is it is only a 8 minute drive from the hotel! You will be able to sign up for some amazing activities that are offered by the track and other venues in the area including things like the Richard Petty Experience!

aerial.jpg

http://flza.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=20

ps I dont think the Mrs will take kindly to 7 days of this!! Probably go on just Tuesday!! :yuck:

• 4 months later...

Stew: I went there on the Tue, the track work & fun stuff was on Wed, but I had a tight schedule & it had to be Tue! I never knew you went also Stew

H5: Not sure what that kit was, though I have seen that rear wing a bit before. If your really interested just post that pic on a US forum & youl get an answer pretty quick. Im sure Terre or Cayenne will know. Those wheels & brakes on that car were amazing

Mike: That zed was a proper stripped out race car with slicks & IIRC some kind of big block engine!! The guy who owned looked like a proper hardcore expert!!

The attention to detail was amazing on most cars & almost all had forced induction!!

I didn't go to the Z show. I just visited Daytona raceway by chance last year. It was deserted when I was there. They had this bus thing that took you round the track. The banking is STEEP! :headhurt:

I didn't go to the Z show. I just visited Daytona raceway by chance last year. It was deserted when I was there. They had this bus thing that took you round the track. The banking is STEEP! :headhurt:

How else do you think they get American cars round the corners?! :lol: