Clutch possibly on its way out, opinions?

iLott

So I get the usual bad gear changes when cold and will be changing the gearbox oil and adding molyslip soon. However I have various other little problems which possibly point to my clutch & flywheel about to give in.

1) it's rather noisy until the pedal is depressed

2) I get clutch judder if I try and pull away perfectly, the whole car shakes!

3) sometimes I have to double clutch when slowing down and coming to a stop to get it into 2nd or 1st

4) clutch pedal doesn't always come all the way up, however this could just be the spring on the pedal

5) again to do with number 4, the pedal has a fair amount of play in it and has to be depressed about an inch before it actually feels like it works the clutch

Hope I can get some expert opinions on this from some of you Zed Heads, the car is still under a 6 month warranty from when I bought it so hopefully if it needs to be done I can get it done under that.

Thanks guys

Dan

Bearing on its way out (usually comes with the clutch kit)

Assuming standard dual mass fly its starting to go - see DarrenB he destroyed his :p

3) sometimes I have to double clutch when slowing down and coming to a stop to get it into 2nd or 1st

More like gearbox - oil change first - helped a lot of members

4) clutch pedal doesn't always come all the way up, however this could just be the spring on the pedal

Usually slave cylinder - replace slave cylinder and add a braided hose - new fluid jobs a good un - :pmzmanalex: he does a kit

If your replacing the clutch do this after as it may be a weak spring but I'd expect it to be the cylinder.

5) again to do with number 4, the pedal has a fair amount of play in it and has to be depressed about an inch before it actually feels like it works the clutch

As 4 - also a worn clutch plate will increase travel.

Edited by Keyser

Bearing on its way out (usually comes with the clutch kit)

Assuming standard dual mass fly its starting to go - see DarrenB he destroyed his :p

More like gearbox - oil change first - helped a lot of members

Usually slave cylinder - replace slave cylinder and add a braided hose - new fluid jobs a good un - :pmzmanalex: he does a kit

If your replacing the clutch do this after as it may be a weak spring but I'd expect it to be the cylinder.

As 4 - also a worn clutch plate will increase travel.

Serious knowledge thrown at my ass there!

Looks like I may be going to see Horsham developments then!

:)

If you'd like us to check it out, let me know. We've got all the parts (flywheels, clutches etc etc) in stock and can fit them or send mail order :)

Thanks Jez, are you open weekends to have a look? See if you can give it a quick check over? :) and possibly advise me on what to do with the warranty company if anything does need replacing/repairing

Dan