Optimal geometry settings over stock?

sloutrou

Hi all,

Ive recently had a full Hunter alignment done on the car, a couple of months after upgrading to 19"s (I'm not lowered, just on stock suspension).

Irregardless of the suspension setup, are there optimal settings which are better than the stock Nissan ones? I'm currently running the following:

Rear Camber -1.35 near side, -1.38 offside

Rear Toe 0.05 both sides

Front Camber -1.12 near side, -1.08 offside

Front Caster 7.03 near side, 7.58 offside

Front Toe 0.02 both sides

I'm thinking about investing in a rear camber kit as I'd like a little bit more negative camber, the garage said they've dialled in the stock settings as much as they possibly can, the only setting slightly out of kilter is the front near side caster at 7.03, according to my printout this should be between the range of 7.25 and 8.55.

Do these sound accurate and is there a more accurate geometry I could have the car setup with?

Sorry for the long read :)

Jez

Jez,

The OEM recommended settings have wide tollerences, however these tollerences can be exceeded to suit your style of driving and in particular if you are a weekend track warrior.

What is one man's food is another man's poison.

However best not to go silly as you will experience excessive tyre wear and the secret is getting the balance right between comfort, handling and tyre wear.

Thrust angles are also important.

Front and rear caster, camber and toe kits are in stock and good to go if required.

Alex :)