Taxi driving?

wizurd

Evening everyone. Haven't been on for a while but just been wondering are there any taxi drivers on here and if so is it a job they would recommend. Just thinking about either extra earner or job move. Probably a pipe dream but would welcome any informed advice. Probably would be using own car (not the zed of course :) ) but for a local company. Just wondering about wages taxes etc etc. Cheers.

Done some quotes. Gotta wait for them to call me back. I'm expecting a high number. All depends on with that plus costs of the plate and license etc etc if i can recoup that and then make a decent wage.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

I'd be an awful taxi driver, I get lost going to work :surrender:

Just think of the extra £££ you would make . . . getting lost :lol: :lol:

:lol: Unfortunately not here, only Belfast uses meters, so it'd just cost me a tank of fuel every other run :lol:

Fake taxi lol not the kind of taxi driving I'd thought about. I'm sure the license stops ya doing that to the passenger :) got an initial quote on insurance on a Toyota avensis which is 2k.now I didn't think that was bad for the first quote and a newbie taxi driver. Will keep looking. I know what you mean about nutters and all that but do love driving.

I know a Taxi driver, all he does is drive from here to Manchester Airport (35 miles) and back 3 or 4 times a day with the occasional run down to Liverpool/Heathrow/Gatwick/etc. It's a very safe job, much better than picking drunks up late at night, the only downside is that he's up most mornings around 5 o'clock.

Pete

Cheers jetset. Yer airport runs I'd prefer. As for long hours and nights and early hours I prefer those times of 'day' anyway so I'm not worried about that. I think the tests license etc etc will cost about 700 quid for my area. Then there's needing to get a car plus insurance, plus finding a company to drive for as such.