My ebay advert

nixy

I advertised my CTR on ebay under a classified ad so there was no bidding process or buy it now it was simply an advert with the details, price and my phone number. The advert was approx £15 for 4 weeks. I had lots of enquiries but actually sold the car to a friend of a friend. I therefore edited the ad to say sold.

Anyway, bizarrely today I had an email from ebay to say they had removed my ad due to me infringing the rules of ebay. I had broken the rules by putting the words “sensible offersâ€

Yeh i had same thing Nixy. Ebay are changing their rules, you use to be able to advertise and say do not bid so that people could see your car and call you if interested. However ebay changed this as now they say if you want to advertise your car, you have to let people bid on it, this way ebay make more money back because once sold ebay charge you a tax on not just the listing fee but a percentage of what you sold it for. They tried to sting me for £300 once when I sold my Audi TT, and the guy paid me cash in person so didnt even go through paypal, its a joke :rant::rant::rant:

Anyhow unless you are a trader where you claim tax back It really isnt worth it, tried for Sl114 but they just removed it and didnt even refund me listing charge :angry:

Nevermind :dry:

Anyhow unless you are a trader where you claim tax back It really isnt worth it, tried for Sl114 but they just removed it and didnt even refund me listing charge :angry:

Really? dude let me know how much and i will send you the money

But it was an ebay CLASSIFIED ad so there was no bidding anyway.

Does not matter the code they use to detect certain words is not corrected yet so most Classified ads that say do not bid or this is just an advert will automatically be removed by the server until they realise this and it is corrected. Sucks really, youd think a big company like ebay would be more organised :dry: