Engine cutting out

Kylefly

Hi all, I've recently became a 350Z owner and joined here today so hope I'm posting this in the right area.

For the first week the car was a dream to drive but has recently been cutting out randomly. It still drives completely normal and feels fine but sometimes when I come to a stop and dip the clutch the engine will either stall or bog down, like its struggling. If it doesnt stall it carrys on feeling fine to drive... when it happens there are no warning lights and the CEL has never appeared.

I've read similar threads which seem to suggest doing the ecu resets and idle relearn etc... this has actually improved the smoothness of the engine but its still cutting out and bogging down randomly..

Is cleaning the MAF and TB going to help (as other threads may suggest) or is there a deeper issue here?

I'd greatly appreciate any advice as this is really stressing me out!

Cheers

Really?? Ill try anything!

Bit of background info. I had it from a garage who'd imported it for himself and had only put 500 miles on the clock in 4 years, so in my mind that could be a similar situation? The battery could have been flat/changed before I test drove it?

I was a bit sceptical at how little he had used it but it was in immaculate condition and drove perfectly.

Cheers for the reply

Yer I was very delicate when handling the maf :) ive got a throttle body cleaner that says to spray it up the air intake but wouldnt that be too corrosive for the maf??

Also if the problem persists, what else could it be? (Ive looked up cam shaft senors and that seems beyond my minimal mechanical skills!)

Problem solved (touch wood!) The throttle body was filthy and after cleaning it (I decided not to take it off) the car spluttered and sounded rough. I did the idle relearn and so far its running smoothly and isnt cutting out. I am one happy man :D

Problem solved (touch wood!) The throttle body was filthy and after cleaning it (I decided not to take it off) the car spluttered and sounded rough. I did the idle relearn and so far its running smoothly and isnt cutting out. I am one happy man :D

Happy to hear you got it resolved. You can mess around with the butterfily valve just as you did do the idle relearn later.

You could fit a catch can on each side to stop this happening, or just clean it every service or 2.