advice on 20mm eibach spacers please!

skidder

I've purchased some used eibach 20mm spacers which I intend to put on the rear of my GT4 to get some idea of what the stance will be like.

If it looks OK i'll purchase some 25mm and swap them round from rear to front.

On fitting I guess its fairly simple..

remove the rear wheels,insert the spacers including the nuts,return the wheel back on and replace the old nuts.

Does this sound correct?

Anyway if this is correct the spacers i have came with NO nuts.

Obviously i'd like to purchase the said nuts.

Where would be the best place to buy these?

I know it sounds an obvious question but i'm not particuarly technically minded but i'm learning!

Thanks in advance for any replys!

Cheers,

Chris

These are the spacers I think i've mistakenly bought.

http://www.350z-uk.c...eibach-spacers/

Can ANYONE please tell me how and if I can fit these to my rear GT4 as i'm getting hacked off trying to find information for the last couple of hours!

Otherwise there going in the bin.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Chris

Buy new studs, fit studs, done. It's about £15 for 10 new studs inc delivery I'd expect. Will take a mechanic about 7-8 minutes to fit. Done!

If you're going to bin them I'll pay you for postage to me :lol: they're perfectly usable and good kit. Send a message to zmanalex and he will sort you some studs out for a good price.

Studs are cheap enough but it's the nuts I'd be concerned about. You can't just bung any old nuts on, you need low profile nuts. I bought some off Alex to replace ones that I'd damaged and they're not cheap, not cheap at all.

Pete

I found these studs(i've asked zmanalex if he could supply some and he said not to bother with them and buy some new eibachs)

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item5641f92e6c

I was going to put these spacers on the rear to begin with.

This is a useful comment from another forum..

"Those studs will be ok for 20mm spacers but will be too short if you then fitted a 25mm spacer in the future (as post 1), but frankly you'll have a nightmare replacing the rear studs ( i fitted system 4 on my rear wheels) otherwise you will end up removing the drive shaft and hub to change studs.

The front was easy as it had a cut out to replace the studs whereas the rear does not."

Aaaah I'm still not sure what to do!!

Cheers everyone

Edited by skidder

Studs are cheap enough but it's the nuts I'd be concerned about. You can't just bung any old nuts on, you need low profile nuts. I bought some off Alex to replace ones that I'd damaged and they're not cheap, not cheap at all.

Pete

http://www.driftworks.com/shallow-open-ended-wheel-nuts-m12-x-1-25-nissan-etc.html £1 each isn't exactly expensive!

To the OP, those studs look good. The problem in your post is when people have slip on spacers. You'll be good with those :)