Extended wheel nuts

iLott

I have just bought some new wheels and need myself some new wheel nuts! So I think I'd like to go for some coloured extended ones. Can anyone recommend me some that are decent quality but don't cost much as I'm on a fairly tight budget. Also pics welcomed of them on your cars :)

Thanks in advance

Dan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Chris - on an engineering point - your site says "M12 x 1.25 inch Thread Size" on the Nissan version

I think you mean they are M12 x 1.25mm pitch, rather than 1.25 inch

(The Honda / Mits is probably M12 x 1.5 mm pitch as well, rather than 1.5 inch)

Sorry to be picky . . . .but we gotta get the engineering right as well as the looks!

Ian

Driftworks sounds good. How long are the muteki ones Tarmac?

Edit: just seen 34mm, looking for some a fair bit longer than that

Edited by iLott

Jesus Christ that is a lot of money to spend on bloody wheel nuts! I think I want to go for gold ones to match my brembo's I think they'd compliment them nicely, anyone got gold ones and have a pic they can post?

I got these ones on mines amd never had a probelms with the, been on and off the car serval times and no problems at all

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2ec70e3fdf

You paid £142 for wheel nuts that arent titanium? You've too much money :lol:

Yep with the trouble i had with the last lot of nuts costing me well over £200 for new hubs and bolts and getting them pressed in and new nuts on top i didnt care just wanted a good set or quality steel ones never want to go down that route again

i learned my lesson the hard way

So now i stay away from allminuim and titanium nuts these ones are forged steel there good enough me :)

Jesus Christ that is a lot of money to spend on bloody wheel nuts! I think I want to go for gold ones to match my brembo's I think they'd compliment them nicely, anyone got gold ones and have a pic they can post?

Thats what caused all my problems i got a set of gold ones from phantom garage in the states they chewed my threads in a week and cost 75 quid and woudlnt repalce them at all no rely to emails either

then got another set of gold ones but this time d1 spec nuts they screwed the threads completely so much so that the nust started to undoing driving down the road then i had to get new hub spacers and longer studed threads and i went for neo chroms forged steel ones had them a while now and no problems at all been on and off the car quite a bit and no problems at all

My adivce to you is stay away from phantom garage in the usa and also d1 spec nuts and becareful on eBay there a lot of fakes about

Get the best nuts you can afford :)

Thats what caused all my problems i got a set of gold ones from phantom garage in the states they chewed my threads in a week and cost 75 quid and woudlnt repalce them at all no rely to emails either

then got another set of gold ones but this time d1 spec nuts they screwed the threads completely so much so that the nust started to undoing driving down the road then i had to get new hub spacers and longer studed threads and i went for neo chroms forged steel ones had them a while now and no problems at all been on and off the car quite a bit and no problems at all

My adivce to you is stay away from phantom garage in the usa and also d1 spec nuts and becareful on eBay there a lot of fakes about

Get the best nuts you can afford :)

We're the previous ones you had alloy or steel? I've heard a lot of @*!# about alloy ones so going to steer clear of them. Are your current ones steel?

Edit: I don't read properly... I see they're steel haha

Edited by iLott

I use dirt cheap steel nuts on extended studs. The longer wheel nuts driftworks sell are great, good quality, steel and come in a boss neochrome finish if your after the looks, cost effective and safe (most important imo :) )

IMO alloy shouldnt be anywhere under load or stress, it just isnt up to the task regardless who makes them. that goes for tie rod ends as well and thats from experience.

• Like 1

I've heard original D1 Spec are fine but there's a ton of fakes on ebay which should be avoided. No first hand experience with them though.