buying goods from the usa

max

which is the cheapest way of paying for goods from the usa, if i pay by credit card will they charge to convert £ to $ and then give a poor rate, paypal, or bank transfer.

max.

You'll find the credit card route the best , in the past I have found they give a better exchange rate than I could get on the High St. :thumbs:

think there is also the 2.75% commision charge for buying on CC for foreign exchange.

does anyone know, if this is standard for all CC's just trying to search on google too.

i only got a barclaycard.

I have never been charged a commision ever on cc transactions either for the US or in Europe :) in fact I have always been stunned how fair the exchange rate I was offered by the cc companies :thumbs:

I have never been charged a commision ever on cc transactions either for the US or in Europe :) in fact I have always been stunned how fair the exchange rate I was offered by the cc companies :thumbs:

No the commission should only apply if you are purchasing currency!

I too got excellent rates when purchased wheels from the states. Also worthwhile checking with your company as a lot of the time you are also protected and insured if purchasing from somewhere for the first time.....

But you'll be fine anyway if you use someone like Z1 Auto (Adam on here)....

:thumbs:

really that is interesting. :dry:

my barclaycard charged me 2.75% for buying goods off the internet from the states. :angry:

so you guys have bought goods from the net and never been charged that?? what banks you using.. might have to change mine now.

my barclaycard charged me 2.75% for buying goods off the internet from the states. :angry:

so you guys have bought goods from the net and never been charged that?? what banks you using.. might have to change mine now.

I've used MBNA , Goldfish,Capital One

I've used MBNA , Goldfish,Capital One

wots in your wallet....!!!!!!!!!!! :teeth:

:lol:

think there is also the 2.75% commision charge for buying on CC for foreign exchange.

does anyone know, if this is standard for all CC's just trying to search on google too.

i only got a barclaycard.

Same for me too and never been charged commision with Barclaycard either. :thumbs:

To be honest, had Barclaycard for years...... they really crap now though. Rates gone through the roof, and they only interested in you if you have a massive balance that you not paying off..

I used Capital one for purchase for US..... :thumbs: