Great Manchester Run + Lyke Wake

sinbad

I completed the Great North Manchester Run on sunday in 1h 3mins. :yahoo: Wayhey me!! My first ever 10k run in my life and only trained for a week. It was an unbelievavle feeling crossing that line and i fancy more! :teeth:

Anyone else do it?

Anyway before i do another 10k run ive been asked to do the Lyke Wake walk across the moors, which is basically 40+miles in under 12 hours!!

Now thats bloomin far! But before i go ahead and put my name down i thought id ask if anyone else had done this and what they thought? Ive never heard of this walk before?

Nice moves mate, decent time too :thumbs: . Willy I work with did it, he said it was like running through treacle at times with the amount of people there.

Haven't heard of the walk but it sounds like hell!!

Cheers guys. It was tough. very tough but i thouroughly enjoyed every step of it and it was for a good cause. I was pretty happy with my time, the start was hard, the road bottle necked and everyone got crushed so i had to weave in and out of people to find some space. I struggled at the end but the people cheering really helps to egg you on.

Cant wait to do another 10k , but this time i think i'll do some more training. Maybe half marathon next year.... we'll see

I completed the Great North Manchester Run on sunday in 1h 3mins. :yahoo: Wayhey me!! My first ever 10k run in my life and only trained for a week. It was an unbelievavle feeling crossing that line and i fancy more! :teeth:

Anyone else do it?

Anyway before i do another 10k run ive been asked to do the Lyke Wake walk across the moors, which is basically 40+miles in under 12 hours!!

Now thats bloomin far! But before i go ahead and put my name down i thought id ask if anyone else had done this and what they thought? Ive never heard of this walk before?

I hate you. I hate you. I hate you :p

I've been running for months and you made 10k in about my best time with 1 weeks training !

Did I mention I hate you ?

Well done mate.

As for the walk, 40 miles across the moors, don't be silly thats why landrovers were invented B)