Centre console

Jetpilot

Looking for some ideas for a centre console refresh, get rid of that plasticy look and feel.

I will trim the main dash panels with alcantara, but i am stuck with what do with console.

I dont really want to follow the, wrap in carbon or even carbon overlays as so far the ones i have seen look awful, in my eyes.

I would like to go for a oem style, high standard look, but cant find anything that inspires or would work with the alcantara dash.

I thought about a snake skin wrap to be a little different, just not sure it would work.

Any ideas or links to ideas most welcome.

What about getting it smoothed (to remove the bobbly plasticy stuff) and then painted with a nice high gloss piano black type paint. Would work with the alacantara, and for a flair you could have coloured stitching.

Did think about smoothed and painted as an option, would probably go the same House of Kolor Kandy purple that the wheels are if i went that option, at least it then follows a theme.

Edited by Jetpilot

What about getting it smoothed (to remove the bobbly plasticy stuff) and then painted with a nice high gloss piano black type paint. Would work with the alacantara, and for a flair you could have coloured stitching.

I was gonna say the same.

I like that look.

I'm actually contemplating a full flocking of the dash.

I like that look.

Does flocking not fade and get dirty very easy?

I like that look.

Does flocking not fade and get dirty very easy?

I think flocking is pretty tough, i guess it has to be in the motorsports arena. But would just go down a full alcantara route if it was the whole dash, but personally i think that would look just too much of one thing. Whatever goes or gets done to the centre consul will be replicated on the door cards at some point.

Edited by Jetpilot