Xk8 for £2.6k 1998 what's your impression

Jmanji

Thought I might get this car for a project, it has some rust on the rear arches and rear panel as on the pictures, it's has no known mechanical problems, 12 mths mot, 4 months tax.

A7D1A242-23F9-4172-9B42-43490FC89B4B-4063-00000260CD9C1200.jpg

5CB94FEB-7575-4276-A426-F55A8646A21C-4063-00000260AB83FF40.jpg

2CEF087C-FFD4-47D9-8D18-CAE23F6BEB08-4063-00000260A3AE5A77.jpg

Who thinks this is a reasonable price and how serious does that rust look. I remember someone on here had a black xk? I was thinking to chop out the rust and re form fill and spray.

I really fancy getting one to test it out and sell it when I've had my way with it LOL...

If its got this far in life then the nikasil bore liners will be fine. If it hasn't had already, you'll need to replace all the timing chains and Tensioners. The plastic Tensioners break eventually taking the engine with it. The new mark vi Tensioners are metal and work fine. Budget about 1k for the work. If the gear box hasn't had the oil changed it will need doing, budget abut £500. As for the rust its common over the rear sills and arches. What you see is where its at, with that rust, it will need chopping out and filling. Most likely the bumper mounts will have started to corrode as well. Also check under the car, the foot wells can suffer as well. And the old exhaust and cats rust, They are solid and fairly reliable cars. There are 2 types of xk's cheap ones and expensive ones. Expensive ones tend to need nothing doing so cost very little to run. Cheap ones tend to need money spending on them, usually bringing the final bill to the same as an expensive