Hot weather very hot temp readings!

SkylineV35

Yeah mine is currently blowing air out of the engine bay, when i walk past the grill i can feel the air pushing out hard.. but waiting for Zedmanalex to get back to me to see if this is the way he intended me to wire it up =) or had i got the easy part of connecting the two connectors the wrong way round lol

Edited by SkylineV35

The fans are meant to suck cold air through the radiator so it looks like you are wired up wrong.

Alex. :)

The fans are meant to suck cold air through the radiator so it looks like you are wired up wrong.

Alex. :)

Could it be possible the two connectors are plugged the wrong way? as i defo followed the wiring..

Fan 1 is the Passenger side, Fan 2 is the Driver side

1. Cut the ends of both wire leads long and short, that connect directly to the stock fans.

2. Strip off the black heat jacket.

3. Take Blue wires from each harness and solder them to the Blue wire on fan 2.

4. Take Yellow wires from each harness and solder them to the Black wire on fan 2.

5. Take Green wires from each harness and solder them to the Blue wire on fan 1.

6. Take Black wires from each harness and solder them to the Black wire on fan 1.

7. Heat shrink all connections and then slide some sort of loom over them for protection.

8. Connect everything up and that should be job done.

....i checked and double checked before soldering! all the colours ran as above.

Saskhi

if this is wrong then how should i wire? to reverse the effect?

...just had a brainstorm! See the connection at the fan motor if i switch the blue and black wires around at each motor will it make it suck instead? as i dont fancy resoldering lol

Edited by SkylineV35

Umm You could try driving backwards lol.

Nice job in fitting though.

Strange they are spinning the wrong way?.

I am sure someone will be along to answer soon!

Lol reversing everywhere would sure do the job lol nek though! Yeah i wired as per instructions... i thinking in my logic there are two plugs exactly the same but if i plugged them the wrong way round could that be the cause or maybe they coloured the wires wrong at mishimoto lol :lol:

Easy way to findbout is to take a direct feed off the battery to each fan in turn andvsee which way they spin up.

Maybe some guy at the factory decided to have some fun and put the blades on at the wrong angle for a laugh!

OH yeah that would be a simple fix instead of rewiring, dismantle fan and flip it round and that way it will suck instead..... hmm..

dunno as i type i think just switching the fan motor wires around would probably be easier just two screws and and a lil solder =) but i need someone that know electric motors to confirm that this would do the trick....

Just googled multiple sites...

Determine the rotation. The motor faceplate will define which direction, clockwise or counter clockwise, the motor shaft will turn when the 2 motor wires are connected to the power source. The motor nameplate or manufacturer's information will specify which of the 2 motor wires should be connected to the positive side of the power source and which should be connected to the negative side of the power source to achieve the desired direction of rotation.

Wire the power source to the 2 motor leads as indicated. The motor should rotate in the desired direction. If for some reason the motor rotates in the opposite direction than desired, reverse the motor by swapping the connections of the 2 motor leads.

yes it should do the trick as i dont want to mess about with any more wiring as its functioning exactly the way i want it coming on at right temperature and kicking on with a/c... so tomorrow il try this and see if it helps...wish me luck people lol :lol:

Edited by SkylineV35

I was actually joking about the fans lol.

I bet it is something so simple it makes ya brain hurt trying to work it out!

Talk about brain hurting iv just figured out how to wire the fans to a switch in the dash board that can have them suck or blow using relay switches and stuff lol! But the fan idead would work il take a closer look and see which way is better =)

I shall be waiting with baited breath! :)

No need to hold your breathe lol woke up 15mins ago and went straight down to the car and switched the plugs around and Hey Presto! she sucking sweet cold air into the engine bay! Thanks everyone! :teeth: