Cats going?

Daryl

No, my cat has not left me. lol

When driving with low RPM, like 2k , i seem to get a really annoying rattle type noise, which then disappears in the midrange, then returns higher up the rev range. Sounds like its coming from the Y pipe ish area, and is outside the car. Sounds like a spring or something rattling. It only seems to happen when at full throttle, and sometimes I dont get it at all.

Iv had the clutch and fly wheel changed recently, running a Scorpion mid section and back box. My cats are standard, and the Y pipe looks like its probably on its last legs. Car on 69k.

I know these things are hard to diagnose, and hard to identify. Just wondered if anyone had had something similar, or could suggest something.

The strange thing is, is that the the noise only seems to happen when im in gear, iv been unable to replicate the noise with the car stationary.

Wondering if its something inside the gearbox, but then its not happening all the time. Could it be related to a slightly sticky clutch pedal at the bottom of the travel?