Friday poll- 313 350z or 370z?

Siman350z

For me, the 313 isn't a big enough jump to warrant the money. Most of the improvements are aesthetic and the extra performance gap can be bridged with some choice mods.

The 370z is even more of a GT than the 350z, which isn't a good thing for me. You'd be shelling out a lot of cash for a duller drive imo. And the depreciation will hurt.

They are all great cars as a first zed for anyone but if you are going to chuck a load of money at your car, broaden your horizons and try something else........

While the 370Z is more refined I much prefer the styling of the 350, especially on the roadster (sorry Will), so for me a late 350z is ideal. If I had an early 350 I'd probably be thinking how much longer do I want to keep a 350, if the answer is long term I'd be tempted to upgrade to a later model.

No problm at all haydnh, each to their own, its clear you are just stark raving bonkers though ...lol. ;)

Now you're just stating the obvious! :lol:

I test drove a 313 last weekend, was nice inside and the dark blue colour was lovely!

But for 3-4k more it wasn't worth it in my eyes. As for the 370z I can't really comment as I have only driven my dads auto in the US and tbh I didn't really boot it.

I had a 52 plate jdm import with 96kish on the clock, had a full service, new clutch/fly/belts/spark plugs etc etc and a full valet and felt like new. That engine, as long as its looked after will double the mileage. Plus, if you were to crank it up to 150,000 miles, your not going to loose TOO much money on the depreciation side of things. So what I would do, is keep your money in your pocket, save up then buy a GT-R if you want something quick for the road, or if you want a bit of luxury an e class or similar, and keep the 350z and turn it into a track monster so you can have a blast on the track. Well.....That's my plan anyways.

Now I like this- essentially what i'd like to do but thinking about. I keep the car in perfect condition, every single part which seems worn or is even on its way out is replaced and you can feel it when it's driven. I wonder if new bushes/ suspension all round and keep on with it. Interesting comment re the 100-150k depreciation. The money I spend on parts (even though it's a lot) is well under the ~£250 a month+ depreciation a 370z would cost. I love the GTR and see them holding their value.

Some great comments guys- I agree, i'm sure it's a choice more than a few are thinking about.

Cayman S, Z4m, Z4 E89- don't really do anything for me. I'm well aware that a half decent 996 could be had for £15k, but this is an everyday car which will be driven all over the place and I need it to be steadfast reliable. I've driven 911, boxster spyder (amazing but expensive car), never driven the Z4 but my previous BMW experience puts me off- as do the handling comments from owners. The z4m coupe I like but it's getting old now and mint versions are pricey (the condition i'd be wanting).

I had an exige before this, and an E46 BMW 330c M-sport (worst car i've owned). I love the steadfast reliability of the Nissan, rareness, handless, silly-big engines in this day and age and the sound when the airflow is as it should be (intakes/ exhaust). My 350z is easily the best car i've owned to date. I hate to say it but when passing huge shop windows on a sunny day, yes I look at the car, and I sometimes look back having parked after a good drive and think "bloody hell that things good" with a smile on my face. BMW's and porkers just don't do that. The exige did to some extent but it was also a huge pain in the ass (literally) and wallet and was useless on the road for everyday.

I love the GTR but it's a big stretch- £15k is expensive when the running costs are as they are, and yes, at ~£35k the GTR will be more in every respect and i'm not convinced it'll be as FUN on the road, as the limits are so much higher and it's not RWD. Take it to a track to have the fun and i'd probably be looking at potential house-renovation type costs to keep it running.

I apologise for the rookie error of having posted this musing and not tried both cars myself. It is my plan to, but probably in August (house build/ new job keeping me busy). I'll report back when I have :D