Zed bottoming out over bumps?

marzman

So i know i've put a little bit of weight on recently... but over the last 6 weeks or so i've noticed that my OSR suspension appears to be bottoming out over bumps, that it didnt used to bottom out over.

I've only done about 100 miles during that time, but i'm definitely noticing it a lot at the moment.

I've just checked my last MOT from March this year, and it said the OSR shock absorber has a light misting of oil on it... so i'm guessing im now starting to see the result of this?

I've never had a shock absorber go on a car before... are they repairable or is it just a straight replacement jobby? And do i have to replace them in pairs?

Lastly... im not one for replacing with stock parts where i can help it... can anyone recommend anything a little more fun? Obviously i'd have to look to replace all 4x springs/dampers to go down this route, but what would people recommend (not after a drop particularly... im very happy with my ride height and handling currently)

replacement shocks or coil overs, just need to decided what suits you/your wallet better

there are a range of coil overs out there, some around the same price as the BC, have to say only heard good things about them, also HSD are supposed to be good.

I replaced the passengers side rear on my 350z at 23k miles from new. Easy to check - if you look at the shock you can usually see if its leaking oil and the suspension will feel soft & bouncy. Basically you have just 1 shock doing the work of 2!

Replacing it was a peace of cake, nice easy job. Normally if you replace with new its recommended you replace the pair rather than just the leaking one. I bought a low mileage one from Alex, so figured id be okay replacing the one and I was.

Thanks for the responses everyone.

I've got some time to think about my decision... im off to Mexico next week for my honeymoon! I'll look to get something sorted in August and i'll be doing the work myself.

Cheers

Chris.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update.

I ordered a standard shock from ZMANALEX and swapped it over this morning. Took me all of 25 minutes to do the work - very easy job!

Been out for a blast in the car today and it's cured the problem, so job jobbed.