Wheels and Tyres

Fluke

I have a mate selling a set of rota alloy wheels that I quite like, the trouble is they are all 18" 8j, so would not be staggered. Can I run 225/45/18 all round without adversely effecting the handling or triggering the sensors?

• Like 1

If you run 225 all round, you're going to massively increase oversteer potential on the car, which is not something I'd recommend doing at all. As above, keep the stagger on those tyres and you'll be fine on those wheels. :)

The standard touring wheels are 8j all round bud so you can run 225 up front and 245 on the rear.

I thought the rears were wider? That's why there was a little 'pin' on the front hub to prevent you from fitting the rears to the front :shrug:

The standard touring wheels are 8j all round bud so you can run 225 up front and 245 on the rear.

I thought the rears were wider? That's why there was a little 'pin' on the front hub to prevent you from fitting the rears to the front :shrug:

Nope, all 8 inch, just staggered tyres.

Thanks for the replies. I did notice that there wasn't a pin on my fronts, but just took it that the rears were 1/2 inch wider. I have 225 on the front and 245 on the rear, so the tyres should be a straight swap.

Well I never.... That's today's lesson learnt (or is it 'learned')? :thumbs:

Every days a school day! Only the rays are staggered bud :)

That's why quite a few of the evo boys use them for track days tyres and put 225 all round