MY05 350Z Traction Control Issue

AntonZdz

Firstly, appologies if this is already covered, somewhere, I did search but to no avail.

Bought my Z last week, mostly loving it so far. I took it out for a spirited drive earlier this week with the ESP on, I noticed that accelerating hard out of slow 2nd gear corners meant the TCS light would come on and I would bog down. So yesterday I decided to revist said road with the ESP switched off (button next to headlight washers pushed once), ESP Off light came on and off I went, in the 2nd gears corners it was much better, I could feel a small cherp/loss of grip from the rear's momentarily and over a few elevation changes then I was away, and no annoying computer interferance, however when I came to the tightest corner ( a 1st gear hairpin), I decided to let the car move around a little and see how it felt with some lock wound on. At first the car was happy to play ball and started to let the rear kick out but as soon as I came to begin the lock applying process, I saw the Traction Control light flick on (ESP light stayed as saying off) and felt the car slow to bring it back in line.

I am used to RWD with out any traction control so I find this behaviour most disconcerting.

Cleary this car has ESP and TCS, my question is, how do I turn the bloody TCS off as well as ESP, I tried holding the button but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Mark

Thanks for the response, i assume you meant you cant turn the TCS off with a switch? ESP seems to turn off with a switch fine.

Bugger, why did I have the feeling that would be the answer! Is there a fuse for the TCS system? An easier solution would be wire a switch after the fuse then I can just knock a toggle switch on and off. Will unplugging the cable or fuse (if there is one), cuase a code fualt anywhere?

Thanks

You cant turn the ESP off I am afraid by a switch , you can remove the G sensor connection that will turn off all the ESP and TCS.
Mark Thanks for the response, i assume you meant you cant turn the TCS off with a switch? ESP seems to turn off with a switch fine. Bugger, why did I have the feeling that would be the answer! Is there a fuse for the TCS system? An easier solution would be wire a switch after the fuse then I can just knock a toggle switch on and off. Will unplugging the cable or fuse (if there is one), cuase a code fualt anywhere? Thanks

I used to find doing a doughnut brings up both lights as well turning all the computers off. Only way to reset it back is to turn ignition off and then back on...But I suppose not very practicle for turning off lol

I have a switch in the G sensor (I believe) that when I flick it the lot goes off, Horsham Developments did it for me so they should be able to confirm.

There is some plugs you can pull to kill everything including the ABS, but I can't remember which they are.

ive had mine drifting and pretty sideways with the esp button off but ive never noticed the other slip light coming on. probably because im concentrating too much about not putting the car into a wall :lol:

I've found it goes fine until you go into the really fast corners. I'll throw it in and I can feel it pulling the back end in and then it feels as if I'm losing the front end. Used to drive me up the wall (or several times at lydden nearly into the gravel!) I'm not sure what speed it happens at though as I'm normally looking where I want to go and not at the speedo :lol:

ive had mine drifting and pretty sideways with the esp button off but ive never noticed the other slip light coming on. probably because im concentrating too much about not putting the car into a wall :lol:

I've found it goes fine until you go into the really fast corners. I'll throw it in and I can feel it pulling the back end in and then it feels as if I'm losing the front end. Used to drive me up the wall (or several times at lydden nearly into the gravel!) I'm not sure what speed it happens at though as I'm normally looking where I want to go and not at the speedo :lol:

:lol: I know what you mean. ive only been in 2nd and 3rd gear drifts but don't know what speeds as I was too busy watching the road :lol: . the car must allow a little fun but then decides "right you've had enough fun now im bringing it back before you kill us both!" :lol:

• Like 1

Firstly, appologies if this is already covered, somewhere, I did search but to no avail.

Bought my Z last week, mostly loving it so far. I took it out for a spirited drive earlier this week with the ESP on, I noticed that accelerating hard out of slow 2nd gear corners meant the TCS light would come on and I would bog down. So yesterday I decided to revist said road with the ESP switched off (button next to headlight washers pushed once), ESP Off light came on and off I went, in the 2nd gears corners it was much better, I could feel a small cherp/loss of grip from the rear's momentarily and over a few elevation changes then I was away, and no annoying computer interferance, however when I came to the tightest corner ( a 1st gear hairpin), I decided to let the car move around a little and see how it felt with some lock wound on. At first the car was happy to play ball and started to let the rear kick out but as soon as I came to begin the lock applying process, I saw the Traction Control light flick on (ESP light stayed as saying off) and felt the car slow to bring it back in line.

I am used to RWD with out any traction control so I find this behaviour most disconcerting.

Cleary this car has ESP and TCS, my question is, how do I turn the bloody TCS off as well as ESP, I tried holding the button but to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

found this for you http://my350z.com/forum/engine-drivetrain-and-forced-induction-diy/535632-how-to-vdc-fully-disabled-button.html

Fine on a track but on the road you should think about other road users too :thumbs:

I agree and I was careful to make sure there were no other road users about at 1:30 in the morning, but you are right, this isn't the sort of behavior I usually condone!

Thanks in advance.

found this for you http://my350z.com/fo...led-button.html

I wasn't even going quickly bizarrely enough, maybe i just noticed the light and one wheel caught traction? I shall have a look at that thread! Thanks!