Need you help please guys my y pipe broken.

Pete87

So I was washing my car today and I could hear an exhaust blow when I moved it, I jacked the car up and found my crap speed y pipe flexi joint leaking. So I need a new y pipe but not sure which is best I have been looking at the stillen one as it has no flexi joints in it. But which y pipe is best any advise would help please.

I have seen a lot of people buying the cobra exhaust parts but what are the materials like as I don't want to keep replacing parts? Is the stainless steel used good quality? My only other concern is it still has flexi joints in it which wear through after time when catching it on speed bumps that's why I was looking at the stillen y pipe. Has anyone got or used a stillen y pipe and can give feedback?

And thanks for the reply cougar.

Edited by Pete87

The flexis are there for a reason.

Without you will most likely get vibration and the exhaust might crack in places.

If you are catching them on speed humps then thats the issue not the flexi....

Just mentioning this as going solid may be a bad idea

Edited by gsexr

The flexis are there for a reason.

Without you will most likely get vibration and the exhaust might crack in places.

If you are catching them on speed humps then thats the issue not the flexi....

Just mentioning this as going solid may be a bad idea

This was what I was worried about as I don't want to put excess strain on my manifolds or my amuse system as if I cracked that I would be devastated. since christmas I have raised the car by 20mm and haven't heard the y pipe hit speed bumps since then.

Edited by Pete87