The car you drive determines where you sit in society...

H5

Been a few days since this happened but it still makes be laugh / wonder, so thought I'd share it......

One manky morning last week I was driving to work and I have to use a dual carriageway (A329(M)) to get on the M4 to head into London....

I was driving the Volvo (aka Battlewagon), a delightful 1995 metallic red 2.0i 78k mile car that was actually my Dad's company car in the year of make. Anyway....

As I pull onto the M4 the traffic is doing 50-60 in the inside and middle lanes, I join at this speed and there's a fair amount of space. I pulled into the outside which was pretty clear at about 65 and continued. At this point a new shape BMW 525i in the middle lane decides he no longer likes that lane and would rather I was buried in the back of his car by simply placing it in front of mine. Of course, he had not selected 'indicators' from the option list.

Once I'd recovered and avoided the collision I waved so he knew I was there, at which point he slams his brakes on. Useful, so I manage to avoid him and pull back as far away as I can and gave him the thumbs up. At which point angry man points to the hard shoulder so I shrug. He swings into the middle lane and I go past and politely smile to the wee bald guy trying to eat his window. I am then shadowed through the traffic until he pulls up alongside with his passenger window down. I put mine down and the dialogue goes (call him K4 after the start of his number plate)

K4 - Do you want to play?

H5 - No, I'd like to go to work.

K4 - Do you think you're a big man in your £4.50 car?

H5 - Pardon?

K4 - You heard, get a proper car

H5 - Shall we go back to mine and you can pick another one?

K4 - ........

Looks confused and swings into the outside lane, which is stationary and is mm from planting it in the back of another car and blocks the middle lane.

So thought I'd let you all know, as I feel I was lucky to have this gentleman let me know this and save me from the error of my ways.

To$$er.

YOu always seem to come up against these genetic throwbacks when you are in the other car.

I always seem to find the boy racers when in the Altea. Although its 170bhp from a diesel, and not too shabby, I often get that "I bet you wouldnt be up my back side if I were in the other car" feeling. :lol:

Strangly i have only had 1 encounter in the zed, and that was from a guy in an SLK (i tried not to laugh and call him gay) who had the base model and wanted to "beat my ass off the lights" I just laughed and said ok, then went off the lights slowly, then planted it and waved good bye

Looking back I wish I'd thought of so many other remarks back. I just can't wait to see him again in the Zed or the Elise and 'go play'.

Most a-holes in said German marque are in 3 and 5 series as Kev says. He's just lucky I need the car at the moment. I have no problem in turning it into a battering ram when I'm done with it!! :D:boxing:

I had a 3 series up my arse on the M6 at the weekend. I deliberately spent 5 miles at 70 mph with him flashing and giving me the V sign. After a while he tried to undertake so I dropped it into 4th and left him for dead :p

It's normally the small base model crap. I mean, if you can't afford a beemer 3 series with leather and a six cylinder engine then don't bother!

Big beemer drivers, 330, 530 + and 6 and 7 series owners seem to be ok. It's the t*55ers with old underpowered unluxurious crap that swing their halfords BMW keyring around at every opportunity that cause the problems.

Buying a P1sh car with a 'prestige' badge does not make you god!

Rant over. :D

Yes its the people that strive to get that base model 3 series, so they can pose to their neighbours and think, I've made it in life...... :yawn:

Then they drive around like they are soooo much better than everyone else. I've given up on the amount of idiotic driving i've seen from someone in a 3 series beemer! Agree with what you say about the higher models although I have seen some right "bar stewards" driving like kn8bs in M3s!!

I only honestly feel that I couldn't buy a BMW out of principle, no matter how good the cars are! For example, think Kev's 6 series is nice, like the M6..... and I actually quite like the look of the twin turbo 3 series coupe etc, but I just couldn't do it..... :blush:

I had a 3 series up my arse on the M6 at the weekend. I deliberately spent 5 miles at 70 mph with him flashing and giving me the V sign. After a while he tried to undertake so I dropped it into 4th and left him for dead :p

I love it when they try and pass you... you let them get close (and drop it in 4th in the meantime :ninja: ) then floor it and see them struggle

:dance::sweat:

:bye: :lol:

Yes its the people that strive to get that base model 3 series, so they can pose to their neighbours and think, I've made it in life...... :yawn:

Then they drive around like they are soooo much better than everyone else. I've given up on the amount of idiotic driving i've seen from someone in a 3 series beemer! Agree with what you say about the higher models although I have seen some right "bar stewards" driving like kn8bs in M3s!!

I only honestly feel that I couldn't buy a BMW out of principle, no matter how good the cars are! For example, think Kev's 6 series is nice, like the M6..... and I actually quite like the look of the twin turbo 3 series coupe etc, but I just couldn't do it..... :blush:

Hit the nail on the head mate! ;)

Except I find the current styling more than questionable! I really hope I do bump into him again.

Except I find the current styling more than questionable! I really hope I do bump into him again.

Yeah so do i..... its weird. I don't like the new or recent 3 series, but there is something about the new coupe in certain colours. Its a lot sleeker than the standard four door..... but not enough to make me want one! :p

That was such an amusing read - made me laugh! Driving mega slow in front of them winds them up so much it's fab! People that stick to your bumper in the outside lane of a dual carriageway and expect you to shift over when you've got a load of cars in front of you are the worse. Why would you move over when you're stuck behind the same cars as them?

That was such an amusing read - made me laugh! Driving mega slow in front of them winds them up so much it's fab! People that stick to your bumper in the outside lane of a dual carriageway and expect you to shift over when you've got a load of cars in front of you are the worse. Why would you move over when you're stuck behind the same cars as them?

ANother pet hate is those that do 65 mph (choose your own speed) in the outside lane when the other one or two inside lanes are free, eventually move over and then when you go to overtake, speed up?!

What the hell is that all about? :headhurt:

And don't get me started on people driving with fog lights on rear at the first sign of a drizzle! :rant:

I've found that the Merc drivers are worse! ... Mercs are the new BMW drivers : )

Reminds me of an incident that happened to myself. I once pulled out on two lane dual carriage to overtake a car and a bus decided to try and use some form of drafting technique, I had pulled out in plenty of time as well. Next thing he starts flashing the lights ... enter rage mode for me. I proceed to overtake the car as originally planned, knowing we we're approaching the mother of all hills.... then at foot of hill drop 3 gears and leave the bus to crawl up the hill .... hahahaha Car 1 - Bus 0

Absolutely! +1 :thumbs: