Le Mans 2013

I'm rooting for cars 91 and 92 in GTP (for obvious reasons) and 77 in GTA (missus is a Grey's Anatomy fan).

LMP1 I'd like to see no2 Audi take the win as I like McNish and his driving style, and 48 in LMP2 'cos Chandhok is slightly mental :D

They just said on the commentary that there hearing the Armco barrier was up tight to a free so there was no give in it, if that's true then it's an absolute disgrace and has cost a man his life and a baby their father

Motor racing is dangerous, you simply cannot remove all risk unfortunately. That's not trying to make light or excuses, simply the truth.

True it is dangerous, but had the Armco been correct then he may still be alive, it needs an enquiry as to what happened and to make sure it doesn't again, 95% of the risk has been removed hence no fatalities since 87 I think due to safer stronger cars and gravel traps and armcos

If he'd been concentrating more he wouldn't have spun off there and would still be alive. That's a horrible thing to say, I know, but it's a fair a comment as the Armco one. Remove all the risk and it's no longer racing, might as well put them in front of a Playstation,

Anyone else still up? I've had the odd hour nap in front of the sofa, but still going :D

Very sad day. As an Ex Prodrive employee, and my partner too, its very sad that someone has died in one of them cars. They are built very strong, and i know how much this would affect Prodrive employee's too. Very sad, and goes to show motorsport is dangerous.