Any Urbexer's on here?

Ceejay29

I am also a member of 28 Days later, haven't used it much, but must begin now leisure time permits. Studied my Part One degree in Portsmouth, loved the city, I presume the tunnels of Portsdown link with Fort Nelson? Some lovely vaulted routes and tunnels there.

Those photos are VERY cool!!

Myself and some colleagues are into Urbexing. Locally we have a few cool places we have been to - best one so far is the old MOD Cordite Factory - LOTS of building foundations/tunnels used for chemical storage, and the laboratories. very cool place to wander around even if a little scary at times. We go more for the photography side of things - great place....the paint in most of the buildings is literally peeling itself off the walls. Need to go back again.

540870_10151320637573398_20982857_n_zps95e9ec72.jpg

• Like 1

That looks like a great location!! how did you guys light the trains? really nice effect.

This isnt my photography... my brother actually works there as a scientist. They recreate industrial accidents, so onsite there are all sorts of facilities and rigs for this... such as a train track going down a hill which they release a train carriage down to simulate impacts. These trains, i believe are related to the 7/7 stuff.

Great stuff! I have been to a few but on my own, can be very scary. Even plucked up the courage to visit Barrow Gurney mental hospital south Bristol. Perception, memory and imagination are in constant interaction and the imagery obtained can be beautiful.

I don't live anywhere urban so can't do urbex but I love looking at the pics online and also exploring old farm buildings around where I live. I would love to visit an old, abandoned mental asylum if got the chance, although would I be as brave when I actually got there I wonder? :dry:

• 8 months later...

We also took a trip out last night down towards Swanage. I stumbled across the old steam train station & track which is rarely used, and is home to a number of old carriages and cranes. We wandered around here for a little while then headed down towards Swanage Pier. The fog was crazy, but managed to get 1 or 2 cool ones.

IMG_5226.jpg

IMG_5208.jpg

IMG_5202.jpg

IMG_5201.jpg

• Like 1