New 350z owner :D

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a while but I've only recently made an account. This forum is a fantastic resource, well done to everyone involved :) .

I picked up my yellow 350z last weekend :D , loving the car so far. I previously had a Mazda RX8, the 350z is a completely different experience :lol: . The only downside is the ridiculous road tax here in Ireland :angry: .

Here are some pics (sorry about the quality they're from an iPhone):

9090018744_fb6e142ff2.jpg

9087639169_4b6e5a2016.jpg

9087653025_eb439a3f0b.jpg

The first things on my to-do list are:

- Full service including spark plugs and all fluids.

- Upgrade bulbs to LED and slightly higher colour temperature dip xenons.

- Machine polish to remove swirl marks

- Plastidip the front part under the front grill black.

- Upgrade rear lights to the 2006 LED lights.

- Figure out the best way to attach an iPod to the standard bose system.

I'll create a build thread to keep track of these mods/upgrades in case anyone is interested.

Thanks.

hi mate you done well to buy a yellow zed just become a member myself could not find a yellow so settled for the burnt orange :teeth: all seems to be going well so far well happy :teeth: hpoe you have some good fun and ennjoy your new car mate cheers

mark

oh gonna ask you how you found the zed compared to your rx8 i will post new topic rx8 Vs my new zed be good to see how you feel with the both going head to head your opinion would be interesting cheers mark

Hi guys, I've been lurking here for a while but I've only recently made an account. This forum is a fantastic resource, well done to everyone involved :) .

I picked up my yellow 350z last weekend :D , loving the car so far. I previously had a Mazda RX8, the 350z is a completely different experience :lol: . The only downside is the ridiculous road tax here in Ireland :angry: .

Here are some pics (sorry about the quality they're from an iPhone):

9090018744_fb6e142ff2.jpg

9087639169_4b6e5a2016.jpg

9087653025_eb439a3f0b.jpg

The first things on my to-do list are:

- Full service including spark plugs and all fluids.

- Upgrade bulbs to LED and slightly higher colour temperature dip xenons.

- Machine polish to remove swirl marks

- Plastidip the front part under the front grill black.

- Upgrade rear lights to the 2006 LED lights.

- Figure out the best way to attach an iPod to the standard bose system.

I'll create a build thread to keep track of these mods/upgrades in case anyone is interested.

Thanks.

Need to change the aerial to a stubby...looks like a yellow dodgem with the standard aerial...lovely car thought. :scare:

Need to change the aerial to a stubby...looks like a yellow dodgem with the standard aerial...lovely car thought. :scare:

Yeah good idea, got a link to where I can buy one?

welcome along. is it not a gt4 when i brought mine last year i noticed one or two being advertized in ireland.enjoy my freind.dave

I'm still trying to figure out if its a GT4 or 35th anniversary( they appear to be identical? ), I'll have a good look this weekend and figure it out.

Thanks guys.

Edited by delz0r

welcome along. is it not a gt4 when i brought mine last year i noticed one or two being advertized in ireland.enjoy my freind.dave

I'm still trying to figure out if its a GT4 or 35th anniversary( they appear to be identical? ), I'll have a good look this weekend and figure it out.

Thanks guys.

The GT4 should have a numbered plaque, like this.

IMG_2211.jpg

If it doesn't have one then it's possible that it's been removed so it's best to check the documentation.

EDIT, Anniversary edition only has 3 buttons on the steering wheel

nissan-a350z-6.jpg

Pete

Edited by JetSet

Thanks guys.

The GT4 should have a numbered plaque, like this.

IMG_2211.jpg

If it doesn't have one then it's possible that it's been removed so it's best to check the documentation.

EDIT, Anniversary edition only has 3 buttons on the steering wheel

nissan-a350z-6.jpg

Pete

Thanks Pete. It has 6 buttons on the steering wheel but no plaque. The car was originally a prize from Sony Ireland for a Grand Tourismo 4 competition but I cant find anything in the documentation saying GT4 or 35Th edition.

The logbook just says "Special Edition"