Microphone cable routing help

jell36

Ok, so today I purchased a Pioneer DDX6023BT head unit that comes with a plug in microphone. I have read the latest guide about fitting and so far it has gone well, the head unit works, steering wheel controls work and it's not too quiet.

The problem I am having is routing the microphone. I have read the guides and they say to run it up the A pillar, I have removed the A pillar without any problems but how do I route the cable fomr the head unit to the A pillar? I have tried pushing a stiff wire through the cable conduit for 2 hours without success (I don't seem to be able to get the wire to come out on the A pillar side, I can't actually see the hole on the A pillar side and can't get the wire in from that said at all).

Does anybody have any ideas or suggestions?

Also the head unit has a rear USB and so I want to run a lead from the back of the head unit to the centre compartment where the OEM bluetooth module currently is, any ideas?

Also the car is a facelift with satnav if that makes any differences.

At the base of the a pillar I found a gap that drops into the footwell, then just cable tied to other wires going to centre console and popped it through the back of the console

As for the USB, routed it along side the existing cables going past the gear lever to the back, easier when centre tunnel is off

Edited by BulletMagnet