Fixing a rattley K2?

r37

probobly been answered many many times but here we go:

How do i fix a rattley japspeed K2.

it came on the car when i bought it and its in fairly good nick so i cant really justify replacing it but everything ive tried fails. Ive gone through an entire tub of exhaust paste and it still rattles like mad. There are no local places that will weld it for me and i dont have a welder so thats out of the question. Has anyone had any luck with those liquid metal epoxy type pastes or is there another solution ive not seen?

i debated hammering the inner lip in a bit but dont want to ruin the shape of the pipe, ive pushed metal shims in the gap and pasted them in but they allways fall out and the rattling like a bag of spanners is annoying. even when its warm it still rattles. any ideas?

We had a owner with the same issue with his K2, it was remedied with a new exhaust from us... :)

We had a owner with the same issue with his K2, it was remedied with a new exhaust from us... :)

best thing to do with a k2 is to get rid :lol:

+2!

Get a Cobra or Scorpion or take the thing off and leave it :lol:

• Like 1

i debated swapping it but i'd have to go the whole hog and go for a y pipe and HFC's aswell, then it gets a bit pricey. And fitting a second hand exhaust on a driveway isnt too easy.

EDIT: im in the east mids, if anyone has a welding machine i can pay a few beer tokens.

Edited by r37

I had a rattly K2 which came on the car; I took it to a bespoke exhaust engineer and he reckoned hundreds to repair because the baffles had gone inside...

So i sold the K2 for a ton on ebay listing it as spares or repairs and had a video of the rattle to show buyers, and bought a Cobra system, which sounds awesome :thumbs:

You need to find what's rattling - I had a rattle on mine but it was easily fixed with a stainless nut & bolt to hold the 2 skins in the tail pipe. Total cost - about 15p. Woud be a shame to rip it all off and spend another grand on something else . . . .for a 15p fix.

StopRattleK2SlashcutPipe_zps9e9f2782.jpg

But if you've got a rattle from deep inside somewhere - then that's a whole different matter. Find the severity of the problem first. . . . .

But if you've got a rattle from deep inside somewhere - then that's a whole different matter. Find the severity of the problem first. . . . .

Yup, unfortunately mine was from within the backbox itself