Oil Cooler Advise please

Pete87

So I'm looking at getting an oil cooler for my auto box to keep it nice and cool as I'd like to eventually do some track days. I was going to run the standard oil cooler in the radiator but also run a 19 row cooler inline aswell. I also was going to get a 13 row cooler for the power steering fluid aswell but for these two different fluids can I use a normal oil cooler?

I know I will need an engine oil cooler and have disided on a MISHIMOTO kit but I'd like to sort out the other two coolers first. Does anyone know what size pipe fits onto the oem steering fluid cooler as I know the gearbox cooler pipe work is 10mm. I've found some oil coolers on ebay but should I use mocal or are you just paying for the name? Any help would be great.

You really donot need a PAS unless you are running wider tyres upfront and maybe R compound or slick tyres. In any case if you do then you need a tube and fin type cooler like OEM no to overwork the PAS pump. I got the nismo PAS but mishimoto sells a similar one and cheaper.

You need the tranny cooler and engine oil cooler and the 19 row and 13row are more than adequate. Mishimoto has just released a complete zed specific kit as you know and Stillen makes a bolt-on kit too. If I remember correctly Octet has one up for sale at about half price do contact him. I would do the tranny first and engine after as you can manage you engine heat by running less laps to ensure cooling. IMO done waste money on the PAS cooler unless you do any if the above mentioned.

Thanks for the info Yeh I will be getting the mishimoto kit but not just yet, and I can make a 19 row gearbox kit for around £100. So a normal oil cooler will be ok for the gearbox but il damage the power steering pump if I don't use the right design. thanks very much for the reply its been a huge help.