Double Din Fitting

Jetpilot

My double din chinese unit has just turned up so started fitting.

I am sure this has been covered before but cant make sense of the threads and possible solutions.

The problem is the unit sticks way out the dash (not flush) using the original mounting bracket, if i buy a new fascia such as http://incartec.co.uk/Pages/Product.aspx?P=2793 does this also allow me to sit the unit further back or is it literally just a fascia?

If just a fascia what options do i have of altering the mounting positions, is it a redrill job or are there specific kits?

Just drill some holes in the side mounting plates or a slot so that it sits further back thats what I did. Be careful though there is not a lot of room to spare, I moved mind back about 1cm : thumbs:

db934ea8.jpg

The unit in the pic is supposed to sit out of the dash as it opens for CDs but I never use them so I mounted it as flush as I could....

You welcome

And cant help you with that question!

Cant remember exact setup behind HU, but may be you can modify hlding brackets so they mount closer to the front of HU and by doing that you will push whole HU back a bit... hope that makes sense

Just drill some holes in the side mounting plates or a slot so that it sits further back thats what I did. Be careful though there is not a lot of room to spare, I moved mind back about 1cm : thumbs:

db934ea8.jpg

The unit in the pic is supposed to sit out of the dash as it opens for CDs but I never use them so I mounted it as flush as I could....

^^ yea, that :lol: