Badge removal advice!

hensh65

Hey folks,

I have a 55 sunset GT and see a lot of Zed owners opt for changing the badge or going a different colour. Just wanted to know if anyone had the front and rear badges removed and smoothed?

what was the damage on the pocket as I would imagine there is a bit of work on the front bumper to be done?

i had mine removed and smoothed on the front on my nismo. looking at about £150 possibly for the fill and smooth. mine was being painted anyway so that was part of the cost. but bumper spraying is usually around £150-£300 a bumper/panel. i would normally say £250 ish. but it depends where in the country you are as prices vary. cheaper up north.

as for the back there are 2 holes left after the badge is removed. so you are looking at a quick fill, may be £50 and then a respray of the rear hatch. probably about £200 on top.

again prices vary.

i had mine removed and smoothed on the front on my nismo. looking at about £150 possibly for the fill and smooth. mine was being painted anyway so that was part of the cost. but bumper spraying is usually around £150-£300 a bumper/panel. i would normally say £250 ish. but it depends where in the country you are as prices vary. cheaper up north.

as for the back there are 2 holes left after the badge is removed. so you are looking at a quick fill, may be £50 and then a respray of the rear hatch. probably about £200 on top.

again prices vary.

Thanks for that !

I am from Scotland so a lower price would be welcome news.

I was going to get my full bumper sprayed as well as the bumper is just a stone chip rather than a bumper with stone chips ....

Dont mean to sound stupid but I didn't think the full bootlid would need a respray for the badge?

most body shops like to paint to an edge as its easier than blending 2 paints together and feathering in the colour. you might be alright and the bodyshop says they'll blend it in. rear hatch isn't too bad, as there isnt alot of metal to paint, its mostly glass.

as for the front, if your respraying the front anyway then it shouldnt be too much to fill the badge recess.

only guidance would be that they should fill it with GRP first then finish off with a filler. most good bodyshops should do this anyway. but cheap places might just try a filler job, looks fine for a few months, then you get some plastic retraction through a heat cycle or a knock and the filler will crack out. if its had a glass fibre fill then finished off with filler it should last mucho long time.

most body shops like to paint to an edge as its easier than blending 2 paints together and feathering in the colour. you might be alright and the bodyshop says they'll blend it in. rear hatch isn't too bad, as there isnt alot of metal to paint, its mostly glass.

as for the front, if your respraying the front anyway then it shouldnt be too much to fill the badge recess.

only guidance would be that they should fill it with GRP first then finish off with a filler. most good bodyshops should do this anyway. but cheap places might just try a filler job, looks fine for a few months, then you get some plastic retraction through a heat cycle or a knock and the filler will crack out. if its had a glass fibre fill then finished off with filler it should last mucho long time.

I am going to go to go get a quote on Saturday, I will weight up whether it would be best just to buy fit and spray a new bumper than alter and respray the original. However should I go ahead with it I will ask them how they will fill it so thanks for the advice !