JAP IMPORT Vs UK SPEC

Zedrush

Okay, Im in process of selling my beloved 350z just tidying up a few things on is to make it immaculate inside and out before I put the adverts up.

Now just wondering, my next car is going to be a 350z, question is, if Im not worried about resale value and Im looking at modding the car should I get a Japanese import one and save money to spend on Mods or should I go for a UK one and spend less money on mods?

What are the main differences between Japanese imports and UK versions?

Are breaks the same? Do they come with leather seats?

Other problems?

Sorry if this is a repost :blush:

Guest prescience
If your gonna mod it heavily then buy a JDM. No point paying for a warranty your going to void :thumbs:

i agree with that :thumbs: with one rider, if you are planning to mod the existing then fine, if you are planning to drop in an engine, make sure you manage the ECU, code etc issues

Guest prescience
If modding'd your plan IMO JDM is the way to go.

Prescience, if he's dropping in modded engine can he not just change existing JDM ECU for new one e.g Motec etc with no issues?

Absolutely / piggy-back, I am just making the point that it is an issue which needs thinking about in advance (particularly for tuning) and managing :thumbs:

I'd go JDM and get the most basic model with xenons though, for the least money. If your modding you'll be changing the brakes, alloys, and suspension anyway. I think the basic model doesn't come with one of the electronic gizmo's (TC or something) but again with modding you'll not want it anyway.

Watching one of the Best motoring/ Hot versions, they tested different Specs of 350z's and they all agreed the basic spec was the best base to start with.

I'd go JDM and get the most basic model with xenons though, for the least money. If your modding you'll be changing the brakes, alloys, and suspension anyway. I think the basic model doesn't come with one of the electronic gizmo's (TC or something) but again with modding you'll not want it anyway.

Watching one of the Best motoring/ Hot versions, they tested different Specs of 350z's and they all agreed the basic spec was the best base to start with.

Sweet is there a place over here that has some in stock already will be looking to get a black one :thumbs:

Loads of places dude, but i think it would be best to import one over.

All i would make sure is it has TC and EDC (not sure if its called that with JDMs) and brembos as they dont really need changing when upgrading the engine in my opinion

sounds like you'd be looking for the version S then. Everything the same except for leather and Bose. Plenty of those about as well.
Ahh thats the one! Couldnt think of the varient! :thumbs:

Your correct but Its not as simple as that as even S models can come with Bose and leather. Wierd i know but some japs added them as optional extras.