Multiple issues, car rev problems

ddcboyle

Hey, okay so i have multiple problems that have just happened recently but cant put it down to anything.

Problems are (and im not sure if their linked with one another)

1- I have an engine managment light showing. It has been showing for a month or two, and my diagnostics checker says its the cat pipes. I got a brand new invidia exhaust, but its still showing.

2- Theres a knocking noise when i go over any form of bump in the road. Its coming from centre console forward, it sounds like an engine part is loose, i wouldnt imagine it to be the exhaust as it was fitted pretty well.

3- This is the main issue, when i put my foot down in the car, the revs go up, back down, and then the car revs normally. the only example i can give is, its like when your wheel spins, the revs go up but car isnt going any faster. This now happens even if im doing 60mph and just put foot down a little, rev up, rev down and then it gains speed.

The only things that are going through my mind which it could possibly be are,

- my air filter needs cleaned (its k&n typhoon and havent cleaned for around a year) but then i dont think that would cause the problems, but i could be wrong.

-Or, its something loose in the engine/exhaust area, i thought it could be my manifold, and that would explain the knocking, the engine management light and the revs going a bit haywire.

Im going to be taking it to a garage this week or the following when i have spare time. So any ideas before hand would be good so i could possibly have an idea of what to expect.

Thanks

Dean

No. 1, have you reset the light? Do you have decats, high flow cats or standard cats? Invidia exhaust is cat back, it shouldn't effect it but increased flow may have contributed to a cat warning.

No 2= get under there and have a look, shake, feel, poke and bang.

No. 3 = worn clutch. Need a new one.

Ah damn. Clutch cost alot?

Ill have a feel around engine, not sure what should andbshouldnt move but ill post up whatever I feel moving.

Whats drop links?

Ive reset management light but still shows. I done thia with old exhaust and when I got new exhaust fitted

Ah damn. Clutch cost alot?

Ill have a feel around engine, not sure what should andbshouldnt move but ill post up whatever I feel moving.

Whats drop links?

Ive reset management light but still shows. I done thia with old exhaust and when I got new exhaust fitted

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NISSAN-350Z-ORGANIC-GENUINE-EXEDY-CLUTCH-KIT-/261221554613?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3cd20499b5

About £200-300 for fitting!