Any spider experts? ? ?

rmmackfc

Im sorry - but if I found that in my loft Id move.

I bloody hate the things, anything bigger than a thumbnail and Im running off looking for something to squash the beasts with.

If I climbed my loft ladder to be greeted by that, I would probably do something involuntary.... and messy.

nothing more than a common house spider.

house_spider_220x170.jpg

The House Spider

They are brown and hairy with long legs and are often seen in and around houses and gardens. They are most common in log piles and garden sheds.

House Spider

They feed on crawling insects such as beetles, earwigs and cockroaches. House spiders have even been seen feeding on earthworms. House spiders can survive for months without any food or water.

The spider stands on top of a sheet-shaped web, waiting for insects. Sometimes it will build a tube-shaped retreat where it can hunt in safety.

Reproduction: After a male has located a female's web he will stay with her for some weeks. During this time he will mate with her a few times before eventually dying. The female does not kill the male, but after he dies she eats him.

Males of the species are often found trapped in baths in houses. They fall in after wandering around searching for a female, and can't get out.

might i just add that us ladies like a man that can catch a spider, hold it in his hand and put it out of the window..............
Not true, mine just yells and tells me to kill it before anything happens as she knows SPiders are territorial and will always find its way back in ;)

might i just add that us ladies like a man that can catch a spider, hold it in his hand and put it out of the window..............
Not true, mine just yells and tells me to kill it before anything happens as she knows SPiders are territorial and will always find its way back in ;)

Yeah, but I usually blindfold them, then drive them 40 miles out into the countryside before chucking them out the car. Never had one come back yet. :teeth:

I used to get loads of big spiders in the house. I cut down a couple of bushes in the garden and then they dissapeared, I don't mind spiders. It's snakes I don't like!

I keep them alive, but you're right as soon as you fling one out it instantly runs back towards the house.... in the end Isome of mine are so big I've just given them a set of front door keys :teeth:

Yeah, but I usually blindfold them, then drive them 40 miles out into the countryside before chucking them out the car. Never had one come back yet. :teeth:

:lol::lol: