How to fit a exhaust?

Leosille

I've looked through all exhaust posts and guides but can't find a DIY with pictures exhaust guide.

I have:

Spanners and ratchets

Axle Stands

Jacks

WD40

Grease

Would like to know what material the exhaust gaskets need to be?

How difficult it is to attach the new exhaust to original rubber hangers?

I believe ive bought a esr k1 how can i confirm this though as it hasn't got japspeed written on top of the exhaust tips but it looks like one.

Thanks Ryan

Message buster he just fitted k1 on stands as well as two other zeds at the zed shed they have done it all at some point and will have advice but p.m as might not see this thread

Edited by KC350Z

Step away from the hand tools and take it to a professional would be my advice.

If you have not fitted one before and your not with someone who has then its just going to be a ball ache without air tools and proper lifting gear. One seized nut could take you hours then you have to allign the exhaust while cramped under the car plus fitment maybe questionable anyway, do you have replacement nuts/gaskets etc ? You may need them. For the sake of a few hours overtime I wouldn't put yourself through the pain.

There's also the reason there's no guide and thats because of the different types, there not all the same. Having said that the K1 is Ypipe back so is the simplest.

in total agreement with Tarmac .....best to purchase replacement bolts , gasket extra first..

if its from the ' y ' pipe back your looking to do then i'd suggest jacking the car from the rear to the highest advantage point you can safely do and put on axel stands. Once done the easiest way we have found is to run several 1/2 inch extension bars pushed together under the zed on to a correct sized socket on the nut at the rear of the 'y' pipe and use a breaker bar on the other end at the rear of the vehicle giving great leverage...........most come un done with the help of WD.Next is to lever the old system from the exhaust hangers....can be a pain but you' ll get there.

once its all removed its easy to refit the new one......if you need help or would like the zed shed to fit it let us know and will sort a time to get

you in

Buster

Edited by buster