Is it 'uncool' to have Gull Wing Doors?

Neil

there is some concern with then with the doors being pillarless.

I knew there would be a good reason. This is why you only see them on 'custom show' models then?

Thanks again Mike.

Do you mean Gullwing, as in old Merc or Lambo doors?

Both only look good on respective cars IMO, though I do think that suicide doors (apologies for Cal VW Bettle expression!, same as on Maybach & rear doors on RX8) would look good on a zed. B)

From what i understand, you can have lambo doors but ones that also open normally! Is that right?

Yeah you can Louis. Magnaflow on here used to offer them (probably still do). They open both ways... called LSD (well that was the manufacturer at the time but may be others now). They were around £1400 fitted as I asked about a year ago but may well have dropped......

bit flimsy when up (well from the ones I've seen and felt). They wobble when up.....

:

I thought it would be stiff when up? :headhurt::teeth:

Depends on the age of it older ones dont work as well, but never younger ones put them to shame with stiffness and durability :lol:

bit flimsy when up (well from the ones I've seen and felt). They wobble when up.....

:

Depends on the age of it older ones dont work as well, but never younger ones put them to shame with stiffness and durability :lol:

:scare:

:

:scare:

:lol::lol::lol:

choptop you just contextualised lol they are on about gullwing doors ;)

Both only look good on respective cars IMO, though I do think that suicide doors (apologies for Cal VW Bettle expression!, same as on Maybach & rear doors on RX8) would look good on a zed. B)

Oops :blush:

I should have said 'Lambo' doors - thanks Rickya...

Like these - http://www.carexcess.com/view_vdc.html?Kit=136

Neil

unfortunately the 350Z ones (the LSD ones are about the best kits around btw) are flimsy, wobble and are actually a major headache to install.

The Z doors are MASSIVE, and very heavy (and pillarless). All these factors contribute to make the lambo door kits very very wobbly on the Z, when the doors are open. And that's no good. They are much better on toher cars, where doors are smaller, lighter and have pillars, they don't move at all and feel very solid, but on the Z..... not a good choice imo.

Oops :blush:

I should have said 'Lambo' doors - thanks Rickya...

Like these - http://www.carexcess.com/view_vdc.html?Kit=136

Neil

thats the same as my car but in blue :thumbs: