Zed v Scooby

goose

I also say that the Zed has had it's day in that the production figures have peaked in the UK.

:yahoo:

we are at the start of the cult car status for the 350's...

suddenly these will start to become desirable and worthy of a second look....

Z348carcapsule.jpg

Who says inmortality is not possible :p:teeth:

Ive had both (New STI not old tho) and not much in it but I know which one I'd much rather be driving :teeth: 13 year old wagon would be quite light, but not sure if that would be the full fat jap spec 280bhp, or something more like 240bhp.

STI feels faster due to huge lag and turbo rush and as has been said is easier to drive fast, but a lot would come down to who is the maddest driver......not good on public roads as had been said.

I did have a rolling start up a private slip road recently with an 06 STi and there was nothing in it to 3 figures. If anything I gained slightly.

Might be a different story against a MY06 2.5 litre Sti or Prodrive Performance Pack (320 + bhp 0 to 60mph in 4.8 sec) one or RB320 (320 bhp 0 to 60mph in 4.8 sec) or a My06 mild Stage 1 tuned e.g Greenwood racing (340 + bhp 0 to 60mph in 4.6 sec).

The new 2.5 litre Sti has virtually no turbo lag & has loads more torque (especially so in ppp & Rb320), therefore you dont have to be reving high & on the revs as previous Imprezas had to be.

ps though the Impreza does look shite & dated! :wacko:

lets not be too critical and give credit where its due... the scoobies and evos are phenomenal road tools...no one can argue with that...

Wise words indeed. I suspect a lot of the mud flinging is coming from people who haven't driven either. The scooby is still one of the quickest ways from A to B on typical British roads - and in typical British weather ;) - and for the money they are a real bargain. I've not driven a newish Evo but I'm sure one will come my way soon enough.

Still, I would much prefer a nice looking rear drive sports car, for me a car has to look the part and not just drive well.