Very close

Hello...! Ive been looking at the 350z and 370z for years and I'm finally in a position to buy one! I want to get a 370z asap now... I went to a Nissan garage today and was only offered a 4% discount off a low mileage 370z...cash buyer.... I was targeting more like 10%... What do you think? Thanks!

Why should being a cash buyer make any difference?

Do you normally buy things with magic beans? ;)

The days of cash buying for discount, I thought were in the past now. People used to give a big discount for paying with cash, as they wouldn't put it through the books, therefore paying no income tax on it. I wouldn't think a car can be sneakily hidden from the taxman nowadays though :D

Thanks for the replies! I'll keep shopping around, seems like there are deals to be had... I need to be patient but I really just want to get one now! :)

Yeah I didn't think cash buyer had any benefit, they get commission from financing I guess.

also use one garage against the other ie he's offering this, what can you add to that etc etc (its what i did and managed to get carpets mats and a tank full of fuel as the final clincher)

Hello and :welcome: Good luck with your search.

This may or may not have something to do with the offer (I have never worked in car sales), but you enquired about a deal at the start of a month with 2 bank holidays. I imagine car sales are highest on weekends and public holidays and you also asked at the beginning of the month.

Might be worth asking near the end of the month (when monthly sales targets are needing to be met). :shrug:

Might be worth asking near the end of the month (when monthly sales targets are needing to be met). :shrug:

Having had a very brief stint in car sales, I can confirm that this is correct, and they also make far more commission off of finance deals. Offering cash isn't an incentive when the dealer has to report to Nissan which cars they have sold and for how much.

Good luck and welcome though! :)

Thanks guys, looks like I will need to be patient and wait a couple weeks! I'm enquiring now and I will try and play the garages off against each other towards the end of the month heh. Can't wait though... Don't want to miss out on the summer driving....

• 2 weeks later...

Well I couldn't wait until the end of the month.... Ive now taken the plunge and have just bought a lovely grey auto 370! Can't wait to pick to pick up later on this week and then I can start to figure out how to drive it!!