HFC's or stock? XYZ with or without resonator?

jell36

Hi everyone, I've got the Nismo cat back exhaust on my Z at the moment. I am going to get an up rev in the future (about 6 months away), my car is a daily driver and I really hate drone so..... would you get HFC's and release some more power or stick with the OEM cats? Also how much of a difference will the HFC's make in terms of power? How much louder will it make the exhaust? As to be honest I love the sound of the Nismo when I'm driving and it is perfect for what I want but I wouldn't mind it being a little louder at idle only.

Also should I get Motordyne XYZ Y pipe with a HFC, resonator or straight pipe? I've read that if you use test pipes and then the HFC on the XYZ pipe then the car will still fail emissions tesitng and so I wont bother with that. If I was to keep my stock cats and then use the resonator on the XYZ would that sound good and not be too quiet? Or should I stick with stock cats and straight through pipe?

The XYZ pipe with HFC pipe will pass an MOT.

I love the sound of mine and had great comments. Here's a vid clip, not the best sounding with a rear facing camera and sounds better facing the exhaust or in the car with windows open.

You can skip to 1:25 in the vid, or watch from the beginning.

• Like 1

Nah standard back box and XYZ with decats and HFC cat. With that setup I get zero annoyance. Those outside the car do because I clout the LOUD pedal all too often :lol: especially in tunnels.

• Like 1

:lol: Can't say I blame you for pressing the loud pedal in tunnels.

Been on a few European trips with the Zed, and when you get 10 mile long tunnels I just can't help myself, but it of course spanks the fuel all this hard acceleration just for the noise.

Seriously the XYZ and decat with HFC is a great setup.